Bristol Virginia Tri-Cities a Great Place to Retire
For years I've exposed dysfunctional government and high levels of poverty. Now I'll balance that with positive aspects of a community I've lived in over 30 years. I won't pull any punches or engage in political correctness. The positives I'll be expanding on:
Low levels of crime despite a drug addiction problem among the lower class. Low levels of "diversity" and illegal aliens both directly proportional to high violent crime rates. According to Virginia State Police data blacks/Hispanics account for 75% of the violent crime in the state. White population in general 90% white.
Low cost of living, good infrastructure, good roads, high speed fiber optic.
Mostly good healthcare, but doctor shortages due to high use of Medicaid, Medicare, and uninsured according to health officials I talked to - 75-80% of the population. We have one of the best Veterans Hospitals in the nation in Johnson City.
Low income levels are offset by a high home ownership rates (over 50%) and most other homes not under water. Housing prices are low relative to national averages. On the bad side too much public housing and its crime and social problems concentrated in Bristol Virginia. In 2012 Bristol Virginia had a crime rate higher than Virginia Beach and Charlottesville. This improved in 2015. Ref. 2012 & 2015 State Police Crime Statistics.
Bristol Va 8654 Pop. 17,702; 6440 in 2015
Charlottesville 7949 Pop. 45,073; 6349 in 2015
Danville 12,313 Pop. 43,400; 11,800 in 2015
Emporia 11,564 Pop. 5932; 12,512 in 2015
Franklin 11,041 Pop. 8839; 10,568 in 2015
Fredericksburg 9995 Pop. 26,024; 10,812 in 2015
Galax 9810 Pop. 7176; 9470 in 2015
Richmond 10,454 Pop. 208,834; 9600 in 2015
Roanoke 13,750 Pop. 98,641; 10,776 in 2015
Virginia Beach 5803 Pop. 447,489; 5108 in 2015
See Virginia Crime Rates 2015 below.
In general "Red" states and Southwest Virginia and East Tennessee are very "Red" we have a high standard of living for the most even with lower earned income levels. To quote a study from the King Institute for Regional Economic Studies:
"The most troubling aspect of the Southwest Virginia economy is the decline in earned income in recent years. Real earned income fell 17 percent from 2011 to 2014. This is a direct result of declining production and employment in the coal mining sector. Due to the sharp drop in earned income, residents in Southwest Virginia received 72 cents in government transfer payments for every dollar of earned income in 2014. Comparable values for the TriCities and the U.S. are 49 cents and 27 cents, respectively."
With all of this why did Trump get as much as 75% of the votes in this and other similar regions? See Red States Higher Standard of Living
See the full King Institute for Regional Economic Studies Report.
UPDATED: Hobby Lobby pulls plan for Bristol, Virginia location.
BRISTOL, Va. — Hobby Lobby has pulled plans to open a store in Bristol, Virginia, but a spokesman for Publix said Friday that the grocery chain remains committed to opening a store in the city.
There's already a Hobby Lobby 18 miles away in Kingsport.
- Bristol Virginia Region 2017
- Tri-Cities Labor Market Report 2011 & 2016
- Taxpayer Funds Wasted To Renovate St. Paul Hotel
- Gov. McAuliffe Clueless on Jobs But Not Pork
- Holding Press Accountable Protects Freedom of Speech
- ARC Virginia Grants Pork and Salaries 2015-16
- Captive Virginia Press Peddles Racism, Propaganda
- Links to Various Political and Religious Topics
- Local Added/Updated June 2017
- 30 Years of Failure in Southwest Virginia
- Exide to Rehire 40 Bristol Workers - Not After All
- Disability Still Big Business 2017 in Southwest Virginia
- Bristol Herald Courier Reprints Racist Lies
- Bristol Virginia Loses More Retail
- Bristol Trainstation 2017 Still Producing Nothing
- Appalachian Regional Commission a Waste
- Address Corporate Culture Before Handing Out Money
Welcome to my website as 2017 makes this my 19th year on the web and have lived in Tri-Cities Bristol since 1984. Oddly this website was started to protest political corruption and poverty in the community, but most of the visitors prefer the religious-historical material over politics. Not that I blame them with the way things run in this country.
» Archive 1 » Archive 2 » Archive 3
» Archive 4 » Archive 5 » Archive 6
» Archive 7 » Archive 8 » Archive 9
Environmental Crackpots vs. Science
I'm a believer in empirical science, the scientific method, and though technology and engineering we can overcome many of our problems. But I put individual human welfare first something many are rejecting today. I have no use for religion or mysticism in public policy. If I had a "religion" at all it's liberty.
Misguided climate change fanaticism hurts the working poor and blue collar workers with job losses and higher energy prices. Southwest Virginia can't afford to appease affluent environmentalists in Northern Virginia. Gov. McAuliffe seeks to turn Virginia into another California that has the highest poverty rates in the country.
See the graphic Science Vs. Environmentalism
What percent of the atmosphere by volume in CO2 has mankind allegedly added in 200 years? It's 0.01% total from ALL sources man attributes as little as 10% of that. How much has global temperatures risen since the end of the Little Ice Age 200 years ago? Try 1.4 degrees Fahrenheit, barely background noise.
- Disclosure Law Threatens EPA-Industrial Complex
- Al Gore Fusing Christianity to Environmentalism
- Green Religion Won't Save Appalachia
- Hypsithermal Warming Spreads Civilization
- Shockingly Rapid Climatic Shifts are Real
- How Warmer Climate Can Mean More Life
- Innovation and Technology Not Earth-Centered Religion Part 1
- Innovation and Technology Not Earth-Centered Religion Part 2
- Religious Fundamentalism Explained by Michael Crichton.
- Biocentrism vs. Science
- Science vs. Environmentalism
- Toxicity Of Environmentalism
- There's No Man-Made Global Mass Extinction
- Bikini Atoll Recovery From Nuclear Blasts
- Earth Going Green Environmentalists in Denial
- Ocean Acidification or Warming But Not Both
- Nuclear Power Green and Affordable
President Trump needs to call a real climate conference open only to real climate scientists including those that are banned from publishing in scientific journals for political reasons. This must be open to the public and participants must be forced to disclose their methods and data something climate alarmists refuse to do. This should also EXCLUDE those receiving government grants or having connections to political activist' organizations.
There is to be no discussion of policy - empirical science only. It's time they be forced to prove that 0.01% of the gasses in the atmosphere somehow controls the entire climate. After almost 40 years of these claims it's time to demand empirical proof, not hypothetical computer models.
We need to pass a law that mandates those obtaining government research grants must release all data and research material to the public domain as public property. No exceptions or no grants.
- Nuclear Power Green and Affordable
- Environmentalism as Religion by Michael Fumento
- Environmentalism's Fear-Loathing of Technology
- How Ecological Homeostasis and Hysteresis Regulate Climate
- Southwest Virginia Can't Afford Green Power
- Environmentalism is Still a Religion
- Ages of Gaia, Science, and Environmental Religion
- How Bacteria Created Natural Nuclear Fission
- Michael Crichton Speech - Environmentalism as Religion
- Science Facts Debunks Michael "Hockey Stick" Mann
- Origins of the Moon and Life on Earth
- Great Dying Mystery and the End of the Dinosaurs
- Virginia Congressman Confronts Climate Scientists
- Environmental-Government Complex
- Ominous Parallels Environmentalism and Collectivism
- Al Gore's Green Religion Exposed
- Science Proves Climate Change
- Debunking Panendeism
- Does Pantheism Lead to Leftism?
- Sober View of Climate Change
- Social Agenda Behind Environmentalism
- Environmental-Government Complex
- Science Rejected by Global Warming Alarmists
- 2009-10 Record Cold Stumps Environmentalists
- Climate Change Models Still Fail Again 2014
- Synchronicity Foundation Cult in Virginia
- Implementing the Global Fart Tax
- Whale Fossils Unlock History
- On climate change:
- Fall of the Late Roman Empire
- End of the Vikings in Greenland
- Lost Colony of Roanoke Island
Virginia Crime Rates 2015
Summary Virginia crime for 2015: Blacks commit over half of all the violent crime in Virginia including the majority of murders, three-fourths of the robberies, over half the assaults, and almost half the burglaries. Virginia doesn't have an offender category for Hispanics that are counted as white inflating the white crime rates. Asians score best of all with half or less of the white crime rates.
Typical is the three Central American MS-13 savages that killed a 17-year-old over bad drug deals distorts crime statistics in this state. The victim according to my sources had a hand cut off and nearly beheaded, will be counted as white offenders.
- Facts on Black Crime in Connecticut
- Crime by Race in New Jersey
- Crime Rates by Race in Missouri
- Virginia Crime by Race 2015
- Oikophobia and Other Mental Disorders of Liberals
- How Government Exported Black Crime into Ferguson Missouri
- St. Louis Black Youth Gunshot Death Rate
- When a Violent Thug Becomes a Victim of Racism
- Let Racist Leonard Pitts Eat Cake
- Predominant Face of American Poor is White and Liberals Ignore It
- Immigrants And Hipsters Attack Tech Workers
- Updated crime reports 2017:
- Black Teenager Beats Elderly Immigrant to Death Gets Life
- Duke Lacrosse Whore Crystal Mangum Convicted of Murder
Last is most recent.
Liberal Racism & Violence
Mexican Crimewave in Johnson City
Local Crime 1 Local Crime 2
Local Crime 3 Local Crime 4
- Bristol Loses Another 185 Jobs State Workers in Poverty
- Will Bristol Virginia become a toxic waste dump with Nulife Glass?
- Job Market Continues to Implode in Tri-Cities Bristol in 2015
Employment Data Hidden from Public
The Virginia Employment Commission used to hand out by request what the job numbers by type and by community, but refuses to do so today claiming it's against state law to do so. That's how I caught them peddling fraud for income levels they were claiming for job categories such as services. Nobody makes $40,000 at restaurant work more like $17,000, but they were averaged in with doctors! The information was worthless as presented today.
The Virginia Economic Bridge (www.virginiaeconomicbridge.org funded by grants) came to the same conclusion I did that wage scales even for college graduates in some cases are 60% below the state average. That's why we can't retain skilled people and some counties have a college graduation rate of under 10%. They used the same figures I used, but today those figures are a literal state secret and are blocked under the Freedom of Information Act. Short of hiring an attorney which I can't afford they will remain a secret.
The problem is further compounded by handing off government grants to non-profits and private LLCs. They have no obligation to disclose anything and even the non-profits I've filed IRS complaints is a waste of time because the IRS won't enforce their rules either. Millions disappear down a black hole never to be seen again.
Virginia is a very corrupt state that is right now being nailed for food stamp fraud and has to pay back almost $8 million to the Federal government. Even trying to get copies of grant applications from pseudo-government agencies such as the Virginias Tobacco Commission is expensive because they like many others don't keep proper records or keep it in a form the public can access. I can't afford $70 an hour for "research".
Now to compound the problem they don't have the information anyway. Even these government agencies can't access the employment records of companies they hand out millions to for job creation.
- Why the public should be angry about Bristol Compressors
- Bristol Virginia Washington County loses 362 jobs May 2016
- Bristol Compressors More Corporate Welfare 2015?
- Bristol Compressors Cuts Another 250 Jobs
A Look at the Last 15 Years
- Bristol Virginia Region 2017
- Bristol Virginia-Tennessee Culture of Corruption 2016
- Poverty and Job Losses in Tri-Cities VA-TN 2015
- Bristol Virginia Tri-Cities Crime 2014
- Why Your College Degree is Worthless
- Social Apartheid in Tri-Cities Bristol Virginia-Tennessee 2011
- Debating Issues in Bristol VA/TN in 2010
- Town Halls and Other Controversy 2009
- Southwest Virginia News July 2008
- The advantages of social apartheid 2006
- Social Apartheid Continues 2005-6
- Welfare State in 2004: Residents Speak Out
- Economic and Social Reality 2001
- Self-Sufficiency Standard in the Bristol, VA/TN
- Sullivan County Tennessee Exposed
- Immigration, Liberal Racism, Schools, the Left, and Muslims
- Added Nov. 2016:
- Bristol Herald Courier Corporate Propaganda Mill
- Yellow Press Lies About Mexicans
- Political Correctness Attacks Science
- Why Emory & Henry College Sucks
- Diversity and Multiculturalism The New Racism
- ACLU Right For Once in Tennessee - Free Tristan Rettke
- Donald Trump Bans Yellow Press
- Nuclear Power Green and Affordable
- National Press Abusing the 1st Amendment Press Protections
- Liberal Press Hates Working-Class and Poor Whites
- Stereotyping and Racism by the Yellow Press
- Yellow Press Promotes Anti-Semitism Lie
- Bristol Herald Courier Inciting Violence?
- Tri-Cities Bristol Workers Adjusted Out of Their Jobs
- Governor McAuliffe Waste, Hypocrisy
- $350,000 Wasted on Passenger Rail Study
- Crime, Vagrancy, Homelessness Dominate Bristol
- Opportunities Available Through Workforce Training
- Red States Higher Standard of Living
- Appalachian Regional Commission Government Waste
- Virginia's Illegal Alien Underground Labor Force
- Arizona Schools Struggle with Immigration Chaos
- How Mass Immigration Hurts Black Workers
- President Obama and Silicon Valley Oligarchs Destroy Tech Workers
- Rich White Democrats Screwing Millennials in New York City
- India's Visa Fraud Worker Replacement Racket
- Why All Illegal Aliens Must Be Deported
- Florida Schools Struggle with Failing Minority Students
- Intelligence, Crime, and Tampa Florida
- New York City Sanctions Immigration Fraud, Crime
- Johnson City Tennessee Arrests December 2016
- Johnson City Tennessee Arrests October 2016
- Johnson City Tennessee Arrests June 2016
- Why Blacks Over Rely on Government Jobs
- Affirmative Action Fails Unqualified Minorities
- Immigrants Dump Relatives Off on Welfare
- Needing a College Degree for Cleaning Toilets
- Working Class-Poor Whites Excluded from Top Universities
- Liberal Failure in Seattle Public Schools
- Government Sanctioned Racism at American Universities
- Foreign Students Pushing American Students Out of College
- Haitian Criminal Murders Three after being freed from Deportation
- Minority failure in public schools isn't racial bias
- Suspending Criminal Blacks Not Racism
- 'Immigrants' Take Most of the New Jobs in Texas, Elsewhere
- Education Ruin in Michigan For Diversity