Impaired Driver Faces Felony Drug Charges in Johnson City
On 03/16/2014 officers with the Johnson City Police Department arrested Anthony Lee Metcalf (19 years old, of 175 Rockingham Road, Gray, TN 37615) and charged him with Possession with Intent to Sell a Sch I Drug, Simple Possession of a Schedule IV Drug, Reckless Driving, Driving Under the Influence, Failure to Yield, and Violation of Implied Consent Law.
At approximately 12:00 A.M. officers observed a red Ford Focus almost strike numerous pedestrians crossing the crosswalk downtown on W. State of Franklin Rd near Spring St. Officers initiated a traffic stop for the offense where they found the driver to be Anthony Metcalf. During the investigation, Ecstasy and Xanax were located concealed on Metcalf. Officers also found Metcalf to be impaired on an unknown substance.
A K9 unit helped find marijuana, Xanax pills and LSD. More than $5,000 cash was found inside the car - the car and cash were seized.
Metcalf was placed under arrest and transported to the Washington County Detention Center where he is being held in lieu of a $14,000 bond. (Other reports claim $31,000) Arraignment is set for 10:30 A.M. on 03/17/2014 in Washington County General Sessions Court.
More stupidity from Johnson City
Couple Arrested for Stealing Patio Furniture
On May 15, 2014, at 1:28 a.m., Officers of the Johnson City Police Department were dispatched to 103 Sugar Mill Drive on suspicious activity. The complainant stated that a grey pickup was seen in front of the neighborhood's club house and that someone was loading items into the back of it. The suspect vehicle was seen on N. State of Franklin Road shortly after the call was dispatched. The vehicle was stopped in the parking lot of 3111 Browns Mill Rd.
The occupants were identified as Chad Green 31 years of age and the passenger, his wife, Crystal Green 37 years of age, both of 308 Hill Dr, Bristol, VA. It was determined that a patio set valued at over $1000 had been taken from 103 Sugar Mill Drive. The patio set was recovered from the bed of Green's truck. Chad Green was also found to be driving on a suspended license.
Chad Green was charged with theft of property over $500 and Driving on a Suspended License. He is being held in lieu of a $6,000 bond. Crystal Green was charged with theft of property over $500 and is being held in lieu of a $5,000 bond. Both are being held in the Washington County Detention Center and are scheduled to be arraigned in General Sessions Court on 05-15-2014, at 1:30 p.m.
Ref. Johnson City Police and Washington County Tennessee Sheriff.
- Impaired Driver Faces Felony Drug Charges in Johnson City
- Another 48 People Nailed in Bristol Virginia Drug Bust
- Black Gang Arrested for Rape Laugh at Judge
- Break Light Leads to Drug Bust for Black Male
- Missing License Plate Lands Stupid Man in Jail for Meth
- Seatbelt Violation Leads to the Arrest of 14 People on Drug Charges
- Two Kingsport Men Arrested Murder, Drug Charges
- Kingsport Couple Arrested for Meth Manufacturing in Backseat of Car
- Welfare Check for Three Children Yields Four Arrests for Meth
- Two Black Males Arrested for 2011 Kingsport Murder
- Two South Carolina Fugitives Rack Up Drug Charges in Kingsport
- Mother, Son, and Two Neighbors Busted for Drugs in Kingsport
- Three Arrested After Kingsport Police Stumble onto Drug Deal
- Kingsport Couple Arrested for Drugs at West Side Inn
- Congratulations Kingsport Crime Down in 2013
- Eleven Defendants Sentenced To Imprisonment For Bristol Crack Cocaine Conspiracy
- Holistic Doctor Sentenced on Drug Diversion Charges
- 68 People Face Counterfeit Check Charges
- Speeding violation leads to 2 arrests, drug and cash seizure
- Two Arrested at Public Housing for Gun-Drugs
- 43 People Arrested-Indicted for Drugs Spend Thanksgiving in Jail
- Mass Shooting in Bristol Tennessee Public Housing Leaves Five Dead
- Zero Tolerance Policies and African Americans in Tennessee Schools
- Updated September 2017:
- Web Master
- Bristol, Southwest Virginia Revealed
- Science & Technology
- 2017 Website Updates & Deletions
- Hobby Electronics
- US Constitution
- Christianity 101
- Religious Themes
- Guestbook Archive
» Archive 1 » Archive 2 » Archive 3
» Archive 4 » Archive 5 » Archive 6
» Archive 7 » Archive 8 » Archive 9
- Jesus the Man
- Apostle Paul Founder of Christianity
- Why we should know John Calvin
- Egyptian-Christian Connection
- Judaism Meets Zoroastrianism
- Judaism Meets Hellenism and the Logos
- Pelagius Why He Was Right
- Saint Augustine Introduction
- Saint Augustine His Christian World View by Lewis Loflin
What is Fake News?
Allcott and Gentzkow define "fake news" to be "news articles that are intentionally and verifiably false, and could mislead readers." They attempt to exclude disreputable media practices and bias from the definition. 62 percent of US adults get news on social media, while 65% distrust the mainstream media and that concerns me. Print media influence in the 2016 election was down to 8%.
I define "fake news" as articles designed to create false, biased, narratives with partial facts filtered through a Progressive filter, censor pertinent facts by omission, block discussion through editorial censorship, that is ideologically slanted, and designed not to give facts, but stoke emotion and sway public opinion. This skirts the fringes of propaganda and yellow journalism.
Ref. Journal of Economic Perspectives Volume 31, Number 2 Spring 2017 Pages 211-236, Social Media and Fake News in the 2016 Election by Hunt Allcott and Matthew Gentzkow
Sources of 2016 Election News:
Social Media: 13.8%
Gallup polls reveal a continuing decline of "trust and confidence" in the mass media "when it comes to reporting the news fully, accurately, and fairly."
Trust in Mainstream media: Democrats 52%, Republicans ~18%, overall ~35%. 65% of the public doesn't trust the mainstream media. 62 percent of US adults get news on social media.