Three Arrested After Kingsport Police Stumble onto Drug Deal
Dealing drugs in the open is pretty stupid, but then those on drugs are not very smart. The Kingsport Police Department Vice Detectives interrupted a drug deal in progress and took three individuals into custody.
On October 29, 2013, shortly before midnight, K.P.D. Vice Detectives were in the vicinity of 120 West Stone Drive in Kingsport when they witnessed what they believed was a drug deal in progress. Two individuals, later identified as Robert Collier and Marcello Fernandez, were sitting in a gray 2008 Infiniti G35 sedan in the parking lot.
As detectives approached the vehicle and identified themselves as police officers, they observed Mr. Fernandez holding in his hand a clear plastic baggie containing three white pills, later determined to be Suboxone. When Mr. Fernandez saw the officers he immediately shoved his hand into his pocket.
For the officers' safety, and in the interest of preserving evidence, the detectives grabbed his wrist, but he pulled away. After a brief struggle, Mr. Fernandez was taken into custody.
A green leafy substance believed to be marijuana was also found inside the vehicle. Mr. Collier informed Detectives that he was there to purchase the marijuana.
Mr. Collier was arrested and charged with:
1) Criminal Attempt to Obtain Narcotics.
Mr. Fernandez was charged with:
1) Possession of a Schedule III Drug (Suboxone)
2) Possession of a Schedule VI Drug (Marijuana)
3) Resisting Arrest
$150 in cash, believed to be directly related to the drug transaction, was also seized.
Also present in the company of these two individuals was Laura Owens. Detectives quickly learned that she was wanted on an outstanding warrant out of Hawkins County, TN for Failure to Appear. She was detained and turned over to Hawkins County Sheriff's Office personnel for the service of the warrant.
Ref. Kingsport Police
- Regional Crime
- Two Kingsport Men Arrested for Conspiracy to Commit Murder, Drug Charges
- Kingsport Couple Arrested for Meth Manufacturing in Backseat of Car
- Welfare Check for Three Children Yields Four Arrests for Meth
- Seatbelt Violation Leads to the Arrest of 14 People on Drug Charges
- Two Black Males Arrested for 2011 Kingsport Murder
- Missing License Plate Lands Stupid Man in Jail for Meth
- Two South Carolina Fugitives Rack Up Drug Charges in Kingsport
- Mother, Son, and Two Neighbors Busted for Drugs in Kingsport
- Three Arrested After Kingsport Police Stumble onto Drug Deal
- Kingsport Couple Arrested for Drugs at West Side Inn
- Congratulations Kingsport Crime Down in 2013
- Eleven Defendants Sentenced To Imprisonment For Bristol Crack Cocaine Conspiracy
- Holistic Doctor Sentenced on Drug Diversion Charges
- 68 People Face Counterfeit Check Charges
- Speeding violation leads to 2 arrests, drug and cash seizure
- Two Blacks Arrested at Public Housing for Gun-Drugs
- 43 People Arrested-Indicted for Drugs Spend Thanksgiving in Jail
- Mass Shooting in Bristol Tennessee Public Housing Leaves Five Dead
- Zero Tolerance Policies and African Americans in Tennessee Schools
- Robbery Suspects Run Down Washington County Tennessee Deputy
- Black Male Opens Fire at Kingsport Waffle House
- Crime by Race in Tennessee
- Crime and Violence on Indian Reservations