Two Black Males Arrested for 2011 Kingsport Murder
Kingsport Police Department arrested two Johnson City men for a 2011 murder.
Note the victim was also black and was shot in the back. While the motive is officially robbery I'd bet drugs were involved.
On August 3, 2011 at approximately 3:30 PM, K.P.D. Patrol Officers responded to 937 Dale Street in Kingsport in reference to a shooting. Upon arrival, responding officers located Jarrett A. Hughes lying on the floor in the hallway of the residence with a fatal gunshot wound to his back. Initial witness reports indicated that two black male suspects entered the residence through the back door, shot Mr. Hughes, and fled the scene.
K.P.D. Sgt. Frank Light, assisted by Detective Randy Murray, led an extensive two-year investigation, consisting of over 60 interviews conducted across East Tennessee and Southwest Virginia. Their investigation revealed that Dominique Lashon Morrison, a.k.a. "Domo," and Jarrod Logan Anderson, a.k.a. "Hoodie," went to 937 Dale Street on August 3, 2011, armed with a handgun, with the intention of robbing Jarrett Hughes. During the commission of the robbery, the situation escalated, and the suspects shot Mr. Hughes in the back.
On August 13, 2013, this case was presented to the Sullivan County Grand Jury seeking indictment, and a true bill was returned charging Mr. Morrison and Mr. Anderson with 1st Degree Felony Murder, Attempted Especially Aggravated Robbery, and Aggravated Assault. A Sullivan County Criminal Court Capias was subsequently issued for their arrest. On August 14, 2013, with assistance from the Johnson City Police Department's Patrol and Vice Units, Kingsport Police Detectives arrested Mr. Morrison and Mr. Anderson in Johnson City, TN without incident.
David Quillin, K.P.D. Interim Chief of Police, issued the following statement: "This case was solved utilizing good, old-fashioned, detective work, and I want to commend all of the officers involved for their diligence throughout the investigation. It is our hope that the arrest of these two individuals offers at least some closure to the friends and family of Jarrett Hughes in this unfortunate event."
White People, Crime, and Welfare Myths
Most poor whites like poor blacks end up in poverty for the same reason: behavior. As of 2016 28% of white children were born to single mothers. There is a lazy, shiftless white underclass no different than the lazy, shiftless black underclass.
Not only out of wedlock births, but high levels of substance abuse, violence, sloth, etc. The press loves to play race, but it is class and behavior regardless of race.
In Southwest Virginia and East Tennessee massive drug busts can net as many as 20-50 people in one sweep, 90% white. We have 70-year-olds being busted for drug dealing.
- Regional Crime Index
- Virginia Violent Crime 2022 is Black Crime
- Crime by Race Missouri
- 43 People Arrested-Indicted for Drugs Spend Thanksgiving in Jail
- Another 48 People Nailed in Bristol Virginia Drug Bust
- Black Gang Arrested for Rape Laugh at Judge
- Break Light Leads to Drug Bust for Black Male
- Missing License Plate Lands Stupid Man in Jail for Meth
- Seatbelt Violation Leads to the Arrest of 14 People on Drug Charges
- Two Kingsport Men Arrested Murder, Drug Charges
- Kingsport Couple Arrested for Meth Manufacturing in Backseat of Car
- Welfare Check for Three Children Yields Four Arrests for Meth
- Two Black Males Arrested for 2011 Kingsport Murder
- Three Arrested After Kingsport Police Stumble onto Drug Deal
- Kingsport Couple Arrested for Drugs at West Side Inn
- Speeding violation leads to 2 arrests, drug and cash seizure
- Two Arrested at Public Housing for Gun-Drugs
- Zero Tolerance Policies and African Americans in Tennessee Schools
- Robbery Suspects Run Down Washington County Tennessee Deputy
- Black Male Opens Fire at Kingsport Waffle House
- Crime by Race in Tennessee
- Crime and Violence on Indian Reservations
Web site Copyright Lewis Loflin, All rights reserved.
If using this material on another site, please provide a link back to my site.