South Carolina Fugitives Face Drug Charges in Kingsport
Being a fugitive from justice and coming to Kingsport is a bad idea. To come to Kingsport and commit further crimes is just plain stupid.
The K.P.D. has arrested two known felons at a local apartment complex on outstanding warrants and some additional felony drug charges.
On January 9, 2014, at approximately 2:00 PM, the Kingsport Police Directed Patrol Unit responded to Model City Apartments, located at 1000 Stonegate Road in Kingsport, in an attempt to locate two individuals, Jeffrey Lawrence Brousseau and William Joseph Cantey, who were wanted on outstanding warrants out of South Carolina.
Both of these individuals were wanted for Violation of Parole, with Mr. Brousseau's original charge being Armed Robbery and Mr. Cantey's original charge being Burglary.
While searching the area, the officers were able to locate both suspects in the back seat of a silver Ford Escort. Mr. Brousseau was found to be in possession of over 2.5 ounces of Marijuana and some drug paraphernalia including a digital scale and a pill crusher. He was also in possession of $103 in cash believed to be proceeds from narcotics transactions and a cell phone believed to be utilized to facilitate these transactions.
A subsequent search of an associated Model City Apartment unit netted a multitude of additional paraphernalia including various drug pipes, blunt wrappers, baggies, and a safe containing various other drug paraphernalia. Mr. Brousseau claimed all of the contraband belonged to him.
Mr. Brousseau was charged with:
1) Fugitive From Justice (Wanted out of South Carolina for Violation of Parole-Original Charge: Armed Robbery)
2) Felony Possession of a Schedule VI Drug for Resale (Over 2.5 Ounces of Marijuana)
3) Unlawful Possession of Drug Paraphernalia (Digital Scales, Pill Crushers, Pipes, Blunts, Baggies, etc.)
Mr. Cantey was charged with:
1) Fugitive From Justice (Wanted out of South Carolina for Violation of Parole-Original Charge: Burglary)
Both suspects were transported to the Kingsport City Jail to await extradition back to South Carolina.
- Regional Crime
- Two Kingsport Men Arrested for Conspiracy to Commit Murder, Drug Charges
- Kingsport Couple Arrested for Meth Manufacturing in Backseat of Car
- Welfare Check for Three Children Yields Four Arrests for Meth
- Seatbelt Violation Leads to the Arrest of 14 People on Drug Charges
- Two Black Males Arrested for 2011 Kingsport Murder
- Missing License Plate Lands Stupid Man in Jail for Meth
- Two South Carolina Fugitives Rack Up Drug Charges in Kingsport
- Mother, Son, and Two Neighbors Busted for Drugs in Kingsport
- Three Arrested After Kingsport Police Stumble onto Drug Deal
- Kingsport Couple Arrested for Drugs at West Side Inn
- Congratulations Kingsport Crime Down in 2013
- Eleven Defendants Sentenced To Imprisonment For Bristol Crack Cocaine Conspiracy
- Holistic Doctor Sentenced on Drug Diversion Charges
- 68 People Face Counterfeit Check Charges
- Speeding violation leads to 2 arrests, drug and cash seizure
- Two Blacks Arrested at Public Housing for Gun-Drugs
- 43 People Arrested-Indicted for Drugs Spend Thanksgiving in Jail
- Mass Shooting in Bristol Tennessee Public Housing Leaves Five Dead
- Zero Tolerance Policies and African Americans in Tennessee Schools
- Robbery Suspects Run Down Washington County Tennessee Deputy
- Black Male Opens Fire at Kingsport Waffle House
- Crime by Race in Tennessee
- Crime and Violence on Indian Reservations