Mendota VA Woman Loses Four-Year-Old Over Meth Lab in Home
by Washington County Virginia Sheriffs Dept.
December 3, 2011: A methamphetamine lab has been seized in the western end of Washington County. A four- year-old child has been removed from the residence and a female has been charged with three felony charges. According to Washington County Sheriff Fred Newman, information was received from a tip of a methamphetamine lab at 14222 Robinette Gap Road, Mendota, VA.
Narcotics detectives from the Washington County Sheriff's Office, along with members of the Virginia State Police and DEA received a consent to search the residence. During the search, components of a shake and bake meth lab were discovered.
Amber Ruth Rasnick, age 24, of 14222 Robinette Gap Road, Mendota, VA, has been charged with the following felonies:
1. Possession of methamphetamine;
2. Possession of a firearm while in possession of methamphetamine; and
3. Possession of precursors used to manufacture methamphetamine.
The accused has been released on a $5,000 secured bond at the Abingdon Facility of the Southwest Virginia Regional Jail.
Washington County Department of Social Services assisted in the investigation and a four- year-old child was removed from the residence and placed in the care of other family members.
The investigation is ongoing, with additional charges pending against Rasnick and others who may be involved.
- Single Motherhood and Not Racism is the Problem
- Profile of a Stupid Single Mother
- Drug Testing for Welfare Recipients May Become Law in Virginia
- Poverty a Complicated Issue Bristol Virginia-Tennessee
- Researchers get $705,000 to study stressed-out birds
Last is most recent.
Mexican Crimewave in Johnson City
Local Crime 1 Local Crime 2
Local Crime 3 Local Crime 4
- Black Gang Arrested for Rape Laugh at Judge
- 58 Meth Convections Illustrate Problem in Tri-Cities
- Jails and New Laws Won't Stop Meth Epidemic
- Crime is Up Across Wise County Virginia
- Impaired Driver Faces Felony Drug Charges in Johnson City
- Another 48 People Nailed in Bristol Virginia Drug Bust
- Break Light Leads to Drug Bust for Black Male
- Robbery Suspects Run Down Washington County Tennessee Deputy
- Black Male Opens Fire at Kingsport Waffle House
- Crime by Race in Tennessee
- Crime and Violence on Indian Reservations
- Inconvenient Truths about Race & Slavery
- The Holocaust by Rabbi Meir Kahane
- Why Rabbi Kahane was Right by Lewis Loflin
- Poverty and Guns Doesn't Equal Gun Crime