Apostle Paul Founder of Christianity
Thomas Jefferson Deist or Unitarian?
To quote the Jefferson Cyclopedia:
I hold (without appeal to revelation) that when we take a view of the universe, in all its parts, general or particular, it is impossible for the human mind not to perceive and feel a conviction of design, consummate skill, and indefinite power in every atom of its composition...For the full text see Existence of Deity/God by Thomas Jefferson
...it is impossible I say, for the human mind not to believe that there is in all this design, cause and effect up to an ultimate cause, a fabricator of all things from matter and motion, their preserver and regulator while permitted to exist in their present forms, and their regeneration into new and other forms. We see, too evident proofs of the necessity of a superintending power to maintain the universe in its course and order...
This was written in 1823 to John Adams a year before their deaths on July 4, 1824. This is Nature's God Jefferson wrote about in the Declaration of Independence. Indeed he is correct and rejected by name Spinoza (pantheist not a Deist), Diderot (French deistic atheist) and D'Holbach (atheist) often claimed as "deists" by so many "deism" websites. Jefferson and Adams obviously believe in an active, but non-controlling God, not what passes for the dictionary definition of Deism today.
Here he not only supported intelligent design, but an ongoing and continuous process. The origin of the term "Nature's God" wasn't invented by Jefferson either, but from Blackstone's Commentaries on the Law. Blackstone's was the main textbook for Law Schools in America until 1920 and Jefferson was a lawyer.
For more on Jefferson's religious views see Thomas Jefferson and a Reasonable Deity.
This page has been broken up by subject.
- Jesus History or Myth?
- Debunking Jesus-Mithra Connection
- Is it Christianity or Mithraism?
- Saul of Tarsus, Mithraic Cults, and Christ's Blood
- New Testament Libel of the Jews
- What Tore Early Christianity Apart?
- What is Ethical Monotheism?
- Deist Critique Gospel of Mark
- Gospel According to St. Mark
- Jesus the Jew by Jonathan Went
- Is Deism advocated in the Bible?
- Deist Masons are Jewish
- Purim - Danger of Deism to Judaism
- Happy Constitution Day
- Islam's History of Anti-Semitism
- Christian Identity Dogma a Religion of Hate
- Christian Identity History a Religion of Hate
- Controversial sayings from Martin Luther
- Heresy of Luther Reformation Undone
- St Augustine Father Protestantism
- Early Years of St Augustine
- St. Augustine Anti-Manicheanism-Pelagian Writings
- St Augustine Manichean-Neoplatonist Period
- St. Augustine Struggle Against Donatism
- Freemasons, Conspiracy Thinking, and Pat Robertson
- Pat Robertson Conspiracy Theories
- Conspiracy Theories in Black America
- Hard Right and Conspiracy Theories
- Messianic Bloodline, the Jews and Freemasonry
- Why Do Some People Hate Freemasonry? by D. Pipes
- Famous Freemasons
- Connection between Judaism and Freemasonry?
- Isaac Asimov, Science, Creationism
- Isaac Asimov Opinion Reagan Doctrine
- Case for No Prayer in Schools
- Challenge to Atheists
- Jesus the Man
- Paul the Apostle and Salvation Thru Faith
- James, Paul, Dead Sea Scrolls by John Oller
- Theology of Paul
- Review of Hyam Maccoby's Paul and Hellenism by John Mann
- Paul's Bungling Attempt At Sounding Pharisaic by Hyam Maccoby
- Hyam Maccoby was Mostly Right
- Jesus Acted as a Pharisee
- Jesus, Jewish Resistance, Day of the Lord
- Paul's Companion St. Luke
- Maccoby's Theories Historical Jesus
- Problem of Paul Introduction
- Problem of Paul Part 1
- Problem of Paul Part 2
- Monotheism and the Messiah
- Jesus, Jewish Resistance, Pharisees
- Jesus, Jewish Resistance, King of the Jews
- Hellenism &Judaism in Alexandria
- Historical Jesus FAQ by Jorn Barger
- Overview Hellenistic Judaism
- History of Christianity in Egypt
- Christian Gospels a Christian Overview
- Deist Critique of the Gospel of Mark
- Gnosticism Mainpage
- Collection of Gnostic Texts
- Demiurge Creator of the World
- Who are the Cathers?
- Gnostic Terms
- Religious Syncretism
- Radical Reevaluation of Christianity
- Christian Origins Hellenism Gnosticism
- Apostle Paul Enemy of Jesus' Church
- St Augustine Father Protestantism
- Zoroaster Versus Jesus
- Original Sin
- Biblical Monotheism and Persian Influences
- The Devil
- Original Sin
- End Times
- Apostle Paul
- Apostle John
- John Calvin
- St. Augustine
- Martin Luther
- New Age
- Survey: Anti-Semitism on the rise in U.S.
- Anti-Semitism and the Religious Right
- The Anti-Semitism of Japan's Aum Shinrikyo: A Dangerous Revival
- Anti-Semitism: Its prevalence within the Christian right
- STATUTES THAT WERE NOT GOOD' (EZEKIEL 20:25-26)
- Founding Fathers Religion Debate and Poll
- Doctrines of Heathen Philosophy by Joseph Priestly
- A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to Theocracy John Ashcroft Exposed
- Christian Right Lobbies To Overturn Second Law Of Thermodynamics
- Don't stop with creationism; teach flat Earth theory, too
- 9,500-Year-Old City Found Underwater Off India Rattles Historians
Christian Identity, Militias
- Militias in Disarray
- Tim McVeigh and Christian Identity
- What Christian Identity thinks of Baptists
- Khazars and the Jews
- Debunking the Protocols
- Willie Martin
- Randy "Ruby Ridge" Weaver Christian hero in Sullivan County
- Christian Identity: A Religion for White Racists and Jew Bashers
- Far Right Militia Goes Too Far
- A Killing in God's Name
- Militias Take Aim in VA
- Early Life of Tim McVeigh
- McVeigh's Former Commanding Officer Breaks Silence
- Christian Identity: a Christian Response
- Dogma of Christian Identity
- History of Christian Identity
- How the militia movement undermines separation of church/state.
- American Militant Extremists
» Archive 1 » Archive 2 » Archive 3
» Archive 4 » Archive 5 » Archive 6
» Archive 7 » Archive 8 » Archive 9