Officer Gary Daugherty
Robbery Suspects Run Down Washington County Tennessee Deputy
A Washington County deputy struck by robbery suspects fleeing the scene in Jonesborough, Tennessee. The deputy is undergoing recovery. On Jan. 2, 2012 deputies were called to 310 Sand Valley Road where an armed robbery reportedly had occurred.
Sgt. Lee Cross began a pursuit of the suspected vehicle carrying three armed robbery suspects. During the pursuit, Officer Gary Daugherty (46) attempted to deploy stop sticks. The car swerved hitting the officer, who landed nearly 80 feet away from where he was struck. He was transported to a local hospital where he underwent surgery for multiple injuries sustained on the scene.
In some respects this is much like Lon Mitchell Pierce Jr. case where a young feral black male and friends stole a van in Florida and ran a road block in neighboring Sullivan County killing a deputy the in 1995. See Lon Mitchell Pierce Case.
The video played on local TV stations makes one wonder how he survived at all. This report is from the office of Sheriff Ed Graybeal:
A Washington County Sheriff's Deputy was injured earlier today during a vehicle pursuit.
According to Sheriff Ed Graybeal, Deputies responded to 310 Sand Valley Road, Jonesborough in reference to an armed robbery at approximately 11:00 a.m.
Sergeant Lee Cross began pursuit of the suspected vehicle. During the pursuit, Officer Gary Daugherty, age 46, was struck by the fleeing vehicle while attempting to deploy stop sticks near the intersection of Charlie Hoss Road and State Route 81 South.
Officer Daugherty was transported to JCMC and is currently in surgery for the injuries sustained on the scene.
Dalvin Jashauntelynn Stephens, Reginald Dewayne Smith, Ashley Nichole McGraw
The suspect's vehicle was found crashed a short time later. Three occupants were apprehended after fleeing on foot and were taken into custody at the Washington County Detention Center. Charges are as follows:
Dalvin Jashauntelynn Stephens, Black Male, Age 18, 1726 Dave Buck Road, Johnson City, TN is charged with Attempted 1st Degree Murder, Robbery, Felony Evading Arrest, Failure to Yield, Driving on a suspended license, Leaving the scene of accident w/injuries, Reckless Endangerment x3. Bond has been set at $193,750.
Reginald Dewayne Smith, Black Male, Age 41, 1419 Colony Park, Johnson City, TN is charged with Robbery, Evading Arrest, Leaving the scene of accident w/ injuries. Bond has been set at $62,000.
Ashley Nichole McGraw, White Female, Age 18, 127 Forest Hill Drive, Johnson City, TN is charged with Robbery, Evading Arrest, Leaving the scene of accident w/injuries. Bond has been set at $62,000.
Arraignments will be held Tuesday, January 3, 2012, at 9:00 a.m. at General Sessions Court in Jonesborough. The investigation is ongoing with additional charges pending.
- Robbery Suspects Run Down Washington County Tennessee Deputy
- Three Feral White Males nailed for Methamphetamine in Gray, Tennessee
- "Operation Talisman" Nails Hispanic Drug Gang in Tri-Cities
- Guns, Drugs, Children Land Teacher/Husband in Jail
- Feral Black Male Opens Fire at Kingsport Waffle House
- Killers of 12-Year-Old Emily Haddock Get Plea Bargain
- Black "Teenager" Severely Beats Man Over Litter Comment
- Black Parolee Murders White Teenager: Where's the National Press?
- Black Couple Arrested for Stomping Elderly Man to Death
- Black Males Set Pregnant Woman on Fire
- Elderly White Texas Store Clerk Set On Fire by Black Male
- I Beat Up White Man Because I Am Mad About Trayvon Martin
- Anti-Semitism Evolves
- The End of American Jewry's Golden Era
- Article List
- Affirmative Action
- Talented Poor
- Terrified Victim of Brick Attack Speaks Out
- Black Female Kills Man Over $5
- Violence on Indian Reservations
- Three Blacks arrested in strip club killing
- Black Violence Raises Security Concerns on Portland MAX
- Black Teenager Murders Father in Front of Children
- Six Blacks Chinese Immigrant for Fried Rice
- Black Teenager Murders Mother of Two
- Racism at the US Postal Service
- Viana Family Murder and Black Culture in South Africa
- Needless murder of Black Teenager in Portland