Atlanta Resident Sentenced for Drug Trafficking in Morristown
U.S. Attorney’s Office October 27, 2011 Eastern District of Tennessee (865) 545-4167
GREENEVILLE, TN—Shawn Waller, 31, of Atlanta, Ga., was sentenced on Tuesday, October 25, 2011, in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Tennessee, at Greeneville, by the Honorable R. Leon Jordan, U.S. District Judge, to serve 240 months in prison for his role in the overall drug trafficking organization led primarily by co-defendant Andrew Montgomery. Montgomery was previously sentenced to 275 months in prison by Judge Jordan. Waller was the final defendant of the 32 charged in this case to be sentenced.
Montgomery operated a sophisticated drug trafficking and money laundering organization responsible for multiple kilogram amounts of cocaine and crack cocaine being supplied from the Atlanta, Ga., area and distributed in and around Morristown, Tenn.
Montgomery stipulated that he obtained approximately 150 kilograms of cocaine from various Mexican sources of supply, which was ultimately distributed to many others in the organization, where it was cooked into crack cocaine and sold in the Atlanta area, or transported to the Morristown area to be cooked and distributed there.
Waller assisted Montgomery and co-defendant Jason Ware in dealing cocaine base in Atlanta and Morristown. The overall conspiracy also involved firearms and money laundering.
The indictment and subsequent convictions were the result of a multi-state, multi-agency investigation involving the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) in Johnson City, Tenn., FBI’s High Intensity Drug Trafficking Area (HIDTA) Task Force, OCDETF Strike Force in Atlanta, Ga., Morristown Police Department, Hamblen County Sheriff’s Office, and Tennessee Bureau of Investigation. Assistance was also rendered by the Atlanta, Georgia Police Department, Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms (ATF) and U.S. Attorneys Offices in the Northern Districts of Georgia and Florida. Assistant U.S. Attorney Wayne Taylor represented the United States throughout the case.
- Single Motherhood and Not Racism is the Problem
- Profile of a Stupid Single Mother
- Drug Testing for Welfare Recipients May Become Law in Virginia
- Poverty a Complicated Issue Bristol Virginia-Tennessee
- Researchers get $705,000 to study stressed-out birds
Last is most recent.
Mexican Crimewave in Johnson City
Local Crime 1 Local Crime 2
Local Crime 3 Local Crime 4
- Black Gang Arrested for Rape Laugh at Judge
- 58 Meth Convections Illustrate Problem in Tri-Cities
- Jails and New Laws Won't Stop Meth Epidemic
- Crime is Up Across Wise County Virginia
- Impaired Driver Faces Felony Drug Charges in Johnson City
- Another 48 People Nailed in Bristol Virginia Drug Bust
- Break Light Leads to Drug Bust for Black Male
- Robbery Suspects Run Down Washington County Tennessee Deputy
- Black Male Opens Fire at Kingsport Waffle House
- Crime by Race in Tennessee
- Crime and Violence on Indian Reservations
- Inconvenient Truths about Race & Slavery
- The Holocaust by Rabbi Meir Kahane
- Why Rabbi Kahane was Right by Lewis Loflin
- Poverty and Guns Doesn't Equal Gun Crime
- Murdering Mother The Hidden Face of Honor Killing
- Twenty-Year Plan Islam Targets America
- Who is an Arab Jew? Albert Memmi
- Not Islam - Sufism the Deviated Muslim Path
- America Did Nothing for Israel in 1948
- Islamists Murder Dozens in Bombay India
- Islam Versus Deism
- Deist Examination of Islamic Trinity
- Mohammed the Man as Islamic Ideology
- Why Muslims Can't Build a Lightbulb
- Bacon is not a Hate Crime
- Press Tries to Cover Up Muslim Violence
- Fear of Islam Not Islamophobia
- Islam Versus Deism
- Europeans as Victims of (Muslim) Colonialism
- The Historical Reality of the Muslim Conquests
- Dangers of Political Islam by Lewis Loflin
- Are Judaism and Christianity as Violent as Islam?
- Judeo-Christian Violence vs. Islamic Violence