Ira Joe Green
Charges Suspended on Mendota Virginia Man Charged with Killing Infant
posted by Lewis Loflin
Note the case against Ira Joe Green has fallen apart, the charges have been "suspended" for now whatever that means. The autopsy is inconclusive. This is here to make sure that Mr. Green's case is updated and until proven guilty in a court of law he is presumed innocent. What follows is from the Washington County Sheriff's Dept.
February 22, 2012: A Washington County, VA, resident has been charged with 2nd degree murder as the result of the death of a six-month-old male infant. According to Washington County Sheriff Fred Newman, on November 7, 2011, at approximately 9:00am, a call came into Washington County Virginia Central Dispatch in reference to an unresponsive infant at a residence at 16045 Mendota Road, Mendota, VA.
Members of the Washington County Life Saving Crew, along with Sheriff's Office personnel, responded to the residence. Life-saving measures were attempted but unsuccessful, and the infant was pronounced dead at Johnston Memorial Hospital.
Detectives from the Sheriff's Office began an investigation with the victim's body being sent to the State Medical Examiner's Office in Roanoke for autopsy. The autopsy revealed the infant died of massive head trauma. "The results of the autopsy were not consistent with statements taken during the interviews and the manner of death has been listed as a homicide," stated Sheriff Newman.
(Sources say he claims the baby was dropped. The mother was in the home, but not present.)
Ira Joe Green, age 20, of 16045 Mendota Road, Mendota, VA, has been arrested and charged with 2nd degree murder in the death of the infant. "It has been established that the infant was in the care of the accused when the death occurred," said the Sheriff.
Green is being held without bond in the Abingdon Facility of the Southwest Virginia Regional Jail. An arraignment date is scheduled for February 23, 2012, at 9 am in the Washington County Juvenile & Domestic Relations District Court.
Sheriff's Detectives Scott Clear and Billy Nichols are conducting the investigation into the case. Second degree murder is punishable by not less than five years nor more than forty years in the state penitentiary.
Last is most recent.
Mexican Crime wave in Johnson City
Local Crime 1 Local Crime 2
Local Crime 3 Local Crime 4
- Black Gang Arrested for Rape Laugh at Judge
- 58 Meth Convections Illustrate Problem in Tri-Cities
- Jails and New Laws Won't Stop Meth Epidemic
- Crime is Up Across Wise County Virginia
- Impaired Driver Faces Felony Drug Charges in Johnson City
- Another 48 People Nailed in Bristol Virginia Drug Bust
- Break Light Leads to Drug Bust for Black Male
- Robbery Suspects Run Down Washington County Tennessee Deputy
- Black Male Opens Fire at Kingsport Waffle House
- Crime by Race in Tennessee
- Crime and Violence on Indian Reservations
- Inconvenient Truths about Race & Slavery
- The Holocaust by Rabbi Meir Kahane
- Why Rabbi Kahane was Right by Lewis Loflin
- Poverty and Guns Doesn't Equal Gun Crime