Veronica Falin and Gary Calhoun
Couple Arrested For Illegal Drugs at Kingsport Hotel
KINGSPORT - A Surgoinsville man and Kingsport woman have been arrested and charged with selling drugs from a Kingsport hotel room.
A Monday afternoon the Kingsport Police Department vice detectives went to an unnamed hotel on Feb. 15 to investigate reports of narcotics sales being conducted in Room 325.
Upon arriving detectives made contact with the occupants of room and received consent to search the room for illegal narcotics. As a result of the search police found the following: 21 grams of marijuana, schedule II narcotics, schedule IV narcotics and items used to package narcotics for distribution.
The occupants, Gary Calhoun and Veronica Falin, were arrested and charged with possession of marijuana for resale, possession of Schedule II drugs for resale, possession of Schedule IV drugs for resale, maintaining a dwelling where controlled substances are used or sold, and possession of drug paraphernalia.
Police seized approximately $800 in cash that is believed to be proceeds of illegal drug sales.
Calhoun also had an active arrest warrant out of Hawkins County for failure to appear. Both were transported to the Kingsport City Jail on this date and were arraigned on Wednesday, Feb. 16, 2010 in General Sessions Court.
This story is derived from a Kingsport Police Department and press reports.
Last is most recent.
Mexican Crimewave in Johnson City
Local Crime 1 Local Crime 2
Local Crime 3 Local Crime 4
- Black Gang Arrested for Rape Laugh at Judge
- 58 Meth Convections Illustrate Problem in Tri-Cities
- Jails and New Laws Won't Stop Meth Epidemic
- Crime is Up Across Wise County Virginia
- Impaired Driver Faces Felony Drug Charges in Johnson City
- Another 48 People Nailed in Bristol Virginia Drug Bust
- Break Light Leads to Drug Bust for Black Male
- Robbery Suspects Run Down Washington County Tennessee Deputy
- Black Male Opens Fire at Kingsport Waffle House
- Crime by Race in Tennessee
- Crime and Violence on Indian Reservations