Black bears Prowling Through Tri-Cities VA-TN Region
If anyone that knew anything about Nature outside the polar bear hysteria and eco-Armageddon in the press, they would know rural America is being overrun with wildlife. Even in the Bristol VA/TN area (with Washington County, over 100,000 people), we got critters everywhere. That includes bears. From the press:
"Bristol, Va., authorities say there have been several reports of bears in the city lately, and Tennessee Wildlife Resource Agency officials say there have also been several recent bear sightings in Carter, Johnson and Sullivan counties...a black bear was spotted yesterday in Kingsport on Longreen Road near the Ridgefields Golf Course, according to the TWRA."
"On May 20, there were two calls about black bears in Bristol, Tenn. According to the TWRA, most of the recent calls about bears in Northeast Tennessee have come from Carter and Johnson counties. Meanwhile, the sightings in Bristol, Va., have prompted authorities to issue a press release reminding citizens of how a growing bear population should be addressed.
To bears, human dwellings equal food, the release says. Bears are often drawn to residential areas by bird feeders, pet food, garbage, outdoor grills, compost, fruit trees and beehives, authorities say." In this case where my bear is standing, a wet weather spring is off to the right.
"For those who don't want to deal with bears in the backyard, Bristol authorities recommend removing any food sources bears might find tempting. Household trash or anything that smells like food should be kept in the basement, garage or an outbuilding. It should not be stored in vehicles or on porches or decks where bears can get to it, authorities say." The building shown in the picture is where I store my trash before I haul it off.
"If you spot a bear foraging in your backyard, Bristol authorities ask that you keep your distance and don't feed it (it's illegal)." In my case I've often gotten raccoons and opossums eating with my cats, and dear wondering around the yard. My wife saw a panther a few years ago, but this bear is the first.
Some material extract Kingsport Times-News 5/28/08
- Why the Jobs are Not Coming Back: It's Technology Stupid
- Why Racist' Educators Must Work Around the Law
- Far-left lunacy:
- How Marxism became racism
- Progressivism as Democratic Totalitarianism
- American capitalism gone with a whimper
- What is the Pseudo-religion of Marxism?
- Why the term Islamic or Liberal fascism?
- Scoping Out Pepe Why We Should Get It Right But Won't
- Illegal Alien Driver pleads guilty to wrong-way wreck, illegal employers to blame
- Illegal alien nailed for child rape in Washington County Virginia
- Culture or I.Q.?
- Race, IQ, and facts liberals ignore
- Race dialogue: same old stuff: It's Culture, Not Racism
- Do 'minorities' really have it that bad?
- Black Liberation Theology and The Audacity of Rhetoric
- It isn't white racism:
- IQ Will Put You In Your Place
- Black/Hispanic failure in public schools is not racial bias
- The Question of IQ versus Race, and the leftist' agenda
- Morality Gap Mirrors Asian/white versus black/Hispanic IQ Gap
- Black college graduation rates under 50 percent
- The real problem in American public schools is liberal racism
- ACLU sues Palm Beach over black graduation rates
- Scientific Case for a Transcendent God
- In Defense of Classical Deism
- Obama's Science Teacher Training Initiative Politicized Science
- Fear and Loathing of Islam is not Islamophobia
- Islam Versus Deism
- Left vs Right, Montesquieu, Corporatism
- Eastern Roman Empire and Islam
- Philosophies of Islam, Greece, and the West by Turgut Ozal
- Example of Islam and science.
- Maimonides Versus Aristotle and the Jews of Spain, Thirteen Rules
- Handbook on the History of Modern Science
- Pelagius and why he was right
- Islam Versus Judaism and Christianity
- Islam to Deism: Why I became a Deist