Illegal Alien Problem in Virginia
There is no right to come to America, but there is an obligation to obey the same laws everyone else has to obey or suffer the consequences.
Virginia Attorney General, Robert McDonnell
Update February 22, 2014. The illegal alien problem continues to grow in Virginia in 2014. Because of continuing huge influx of low-achieving Hispanics Fairfax County, an illegal alien sanctuary community, is forcing its school system to drop honors classes in an attempt to narrow the achievement gap. As usual dumbing down the system and suppressing individual achievement of whites and Asians is the only practical way to obtain outcome equality.
In addition criminal Hispanic gangs now roam the Shanandoah Valley as meat packing companies have fired and replaced their often black workforce with cheaper illegal Hispanic labor. Hispanics are counted as white for crime statistics - but are non-white for special protected victim status that's refused for whites.
Simply being Hispanic makes them an automatic victim legal or illegal, but their out of control crime rates are hidden as white.
Typical is what is listed below.
Circuit Judge C. Randall Lowe sentenced Sixto Lopez Laines, an illegal alien from Mexico, to 26 life sentences. The 31-year-old was convicted on September 19, 2007 for the rape, forcible sodomy and object sexual penetration of his stepdaughter. She was nine when the horror began. He abused the girl when the mother, whom he met at a laundromat, left the house. There were at least 26 offences, but officials believe there were many more than that. To quote, "Not only was the stepfather's DNA found inside the girl's vagina, she was pregnant by him."
Lopez Laines won't be deported. He entered the country illegally from Mexico at age 17 and there is no mention of other crimes he may have committed. Another Hispanic (unrelated to this case) of uncertain legal status was arrested along with his live-in girlfriend for drug trafficking and gun charges near a local school. Both are in jail and their child is in foster care. This criminal was wanted on other drug and weapons charges in East Tennessee.
Officials claim on Lopez Laines, "We wanted to make sure he was never able to have contact with any child ever again, whether here, Mexico, or anywhere else...The border is just so porous...There is no way to ensure that he would never be back here." The family has left Washington County, but the mother (Elizabeth) left this message on a local chat board:
I am not sure how to start this....I am the mother of the child he hurt....just wanted everyone to know that she is doing fine and will be ok. We moved from a place that we loved so that she could have a peace of mind and not be reminded every day of what happened. I am glad that the judge kept the sentence and that he will no longer be able to hurt my child or anyone else's. It took a lot out of her that can never be given back.
Just these two incidents in a fairly remote Appalachian community in the end will cost Virginia and Tennessee taxpayers millions in jails and welfare. These two innocent children will likely be problems all of their lives too, and will be another continuing drain on society. All of this could have been prevented if they would just enforce the immigration laws and seal the Mexican border. Ref. (BHC 2-26-2008)
Morristown Tennessee has become an illegal alien mecca in East Tennessee. And more are pouring into the region from Georgia as that state cracks down on these criminals. Because of the present spillover of Mexican gangs and criminals (most Hispanics in Morristown are illegal), Washington County, Tennessee has been designated as high drug trafficking area by the Feds. The federal designation means the region exhibits serious drug trafficking problems. (Ref. News 11 2-21-2008)
Virginia to deport 171 sex offenders
RICHMOND, Va. (AP) Feb 20, 2008 - Officials say they searched state and federal data bases to find 171 convicted sex offenders who were illegally in Virginia. As a result, the offenders are being deported to Argentina, Bolivia, Germany, Laos, Mexico, Scotland and dozens of other countries.
At a news conference in Richmond on Wednesday, Virginia Attorney General Bob McDonnell announced the results of "Operation Predator." He was joined by Virginia State Police and leaders of U.S Immigration and Customs Enforcement.
The officials said the 171 offenders are either incarcerated and being processed for removal from the U.S. or already in federal custody. Eighty-four offenders found in the search had already left the country or had been deported. Most are Mexico and El Salvador.
1 million sex crimes by illegals
Deborah Schurman-Kauflin of the Violent Crimes Institute in Atlanta estimates there are about 240,000 illegal immigrant sex offenders in the United States who have had an average of four victims each. This included serial rapes, serial murders, sexual homicides and child molestation committed by illegal immigrants.
The offences were located in 36 states, most were in states with the highest numbers of illegal immigrants. She believes this is a conservative estimate. To quote, "This translates to 93 sex offenders and 12 serial sexual offenders coming across U.S. borders illegally per day...This places the estimate for victimization numbers around 960,000 for the 88 months examined in this study."
Is Sixto Lopez Laines typical? "Those who were deported simply returned illegally again" and "there is a clear pattern of criminal escalation." According to Schurman-Kauflin the stats (January 1999 through April 2006) breaks down this way:
- 35 percent, were child molestations.
- 24 percent, were rapes.
- 41 percent, were sexual homicides and serial murders.
- Of the child molestations, 47 percent of the victims were Hispanic, 36 percent Caucasian, 8 percent Asian, 6 percent African American and 3 percent other nationalities.
- In 82 percent of the cases the victims were known to their attackers.
- Especially disturbing that in 22 percent of all sex crimes committed by illegal immigrants, victims with physical and mental disabilities were targeted.
- 79 percent had been in the U.S. for more than one year before being arrested for a sex crime.
- 6 percent were mutilated.
- Almost 63 percent of the offenders had been deported on another offense prior to the sex crime.
- An average of three years of committing crimes such as DUI, assault or drug related offenses prior to being apprehended for a sexual offense.
- In 81 percent of cases, offenders were drinking or using drugs prior to offending. Rapists and killers were more likely to use alcohol and drugs consistently than child molesters.
- About 25 percent of offenders were found to have been stable within a community.
- Only 2 percent of the offenders in her study had no history of criminal behavior, beyond crossing the border illegally.
To quote, "Victims ranged in age from 1 year old to 13 years old, with the average age being 6...The highest number of sex offenders, according to the study, came from Mexico. El Salvador was the original home to the next highest number. Other countries of origin included Brazil, China, Ecuador, Guatemala, Honduras, Jamaica, Nicaragua, Puerto Rico, Russia, and Vietnam. She concludes illegal immigrants gradually commit worse crimes and are continually released back into society or deported.
Ref. May 31, 2006 WorldNetDaily.com
Sanctuary cities in Va where they refuse to report illegal aliens:
Fairfax County, VA
Virginia Beach, VA
Virginia takes the lead in deporting criminals
by Cal Thomas
The argument one hears most often for not enforcing illegal immigration laws is that we can't deport the estimated 12 million people already in this country. It just isn't physically, tactically or politically possible, say people who think this way. Maybe not, but authorities can start with people who not only broke laws to get here, but are breaking more laws now that they are here. Virginia's Republican Attorney General, Robert McDonnell, is beginning the deportation process with a class of people not even the most vehemently pro-immigrant activist should defend.
They are sex offenders, and McDonnell, working in cooperation with the Virginia State Police and U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement officials, has identified 171 people who have been convicted of sex crimes. Some are illegal aliens, others have legal status, but their convictions violate the conditional terms of their residency and make them subject to deportation.
In a telephone interview from Richmond, McDonnell told me that because federal statutes have pre-empted what states can do on most immigration issues, Virginia had to look for ways to initiate deportation of criminal sex offenders while working with the federal government. Asked whether the targeting of illegal alien sex offenders is the first step toward going after other criminal aliens, McDonnell said, "We're planning to do all of them.
My position is that criminal illegal aliens or criminal aliens have forfeited their right to be in the country. There is broad agreement, regardless of which side people are on in the illegal immigration debate, that the criminal alien should be detained and deported"
In addition to checking on the immigration status of everyone released from a Virginia prison, McDonnell says people convicted of crimes will now be investigated for their residency status before they are locked up, possibly allowing the federal government to deport them prior to their serving all of their sentence. One northern Virginia jurisdiction with a high illegal alien population is the city of Manassas.
In response to intense citizen complaints, the Manassas City Council has authorized local police to begin checking the immigration status of people they arrest for any crime. If they find the suspects are in the country illegally, they are now authorized to begin deportation proceedings. On March 3, neighboring Prince William County will begin implementing a similar program to crack down on illegals.
These two jurisdictions are in sync with what McDonnell is now doing statewide. Immigrant rights leader Ricardo Juarez of Mexicans Without Borders (a name that tells you something about his goal) is quoted in The Washington Examiner newspaper as saying, "This policy will only make the situation ... worse and will drive people out."
Precisely. That is the intent of the program; to drive criminal illegal aliens out, preferably back to where they came from and especially if they have twice violated our laws. Not all of the Virginia sex offenders fit the demographic stereotype.
Yes, most are from Mexico, or Central and South American countries, but quite a few are from other nations, including Ethiopia, India, Iran, Thailand, even Scotland. So this is not about ethnicity. It is about breaking the law. The issue of illegal immigration and most especially that of criminal aliens should be a major issue in the presidential campaign.
It is bad enough when immigration activists countenance the breaking of our laws and defend people who do it; it is something else when they attempt to defend sex offenders and others who have broken other laws while here.
There is no right to come to America, but there is an obligation to obey the same laws everyone else has to obey or suffer the consequences. Virginia and at least two of its jurisdictions are onto something.
Other states and localities might wish to consider a similar approach. The federal government seems to be getting the message. Perhaps shamed by Virginia, immigration officials, according to the Washington Post, are now actively "scouring jails and courts nationwide" to identify immigrants who qualify for deportation.
U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) reports that in a 12-month period ending last Sept. 30, "it placed 164,000 criminals in deportation proceedings," an increase from the 64,000 the agency identified and placed in deportation proceedings the previous year. ICE "estimates the number will rise to 200,000 this year." It's a start.
Cal Thomas Date: 2-29-08
- Why the Jobs are Not Coming Back: It's Technology Stupid
- Why Racist' Educators Must Work Around the Law
- Far-left lunacy:
- How Marxism became racism
- Progressivism as Democratic Totalitarianism
- American capitalism gone with a whimper
- What is the Pseudo-religion of Marxism?
- Why the term Islamic or Liberal fascism?
- Scoping Out Pepe Why We Should Get It Right But Won't
- Illegal Alien Driver pleads guilty to wrong-way wreck, illegal employers to blame
- Illegal alien nailed for child rape in Washington County Virginia
- Culture or I.Q.?
- Race, IQ, and facts liberals ignore
- Race dialogue: same old stuff: It's Culture, Not Racism
- Do 'minorities' really have it that bad?
- Black Liberation Theology and The Audacity of Rhetoric
- It isn't white racism:
- IQ Will Put You In Your Place
- Black/Hispanic failure in public schools is not racial bias
- The Question of IQ versus Race, and the leftist' agenda
- Morality Gap Mirrors Asian/white versus black/Hispanic IQ Gap
- Black college graduation rates under 50 percent
- The real problem in American public schools is liberal racism
- ACLU sues Palm Beach over black graduation rates
- Scientific Case for a Transcendent God
- In Defense of Classical Deism
- Obama's Science Teacher Training Initiative Politicized Science
- Fear and Loathing of Islam is not Islamophobia
- Islam Versus Deism
- Left vs Right, Montesquieu, Corporatism
- Eastern Roman Empire and Islam
- Philosophies of Islam, Greece, and the West by Turgut Ozal
- Example of Islam and science.
- Maimonides Versus Aristotle and the Jews of Spain, Thirteen Rules
- Handbook on the History of Modern Science
- Pelagius and why he was right
- Islam Versus Judaism and Christianity
- Islam to Deism: Why I became a Deist