Children Bring Loaded Handgun to School - Grandfather Charged
March 16, 2012: Two fifth grade students at Meadowview Elementary School face charges after one of the
students brought a handgun to the school.
According to Washington County Sheriff Fred Newman, a staff member at the school observed the gun, a fully loaded .22 cal. pistol in the backpack of one of the students. The male students, ages 10 and 12, were taken into custody by Washington County Virginia Sheriff's deputies shortly after the incident occurred at approximately 3pm Friday afternoon.
Investigation into the incident revealed the boys had conspired to bring the handgun to school with the intent to kill as many people as possible and then flee the area.
Upon conferring with the Commonwealth's Attorney, charges of (1) possession of a firearm on school property; and (2) conspiracy to commit capital murder were lodged against each student.
Both boys are being held in the Highlands Detention Center in Bristol, VA.
March 22, 2012 Sheriff Fred Newman
Charges have been filed against the grandfather of one of the boys charged in the incident that occurred at Meadowview Elementary School Friday afternoon, March 16, 2012.
According to Washington County Sheriff Fred Newman, the incident involved a fully loaded .22 caliber pistol being brought to the school and was discovered by a staff member who observed the weapon in the boy's book bag.
Arthur Samuel McCracken, age 60, of 12444 Lindell Road, Meadowview, VA, has been charged with contributing to the delinquency of a minor. "Our investigation has revealed that the fully- loaded pistol was left unsecured in a vehicle," stated Sheriff Newman. The student knew the weapon was in the vehicle, retrieved it and, apparently, brought it to school.
A court date is scheduled for March 26, 2012, at 3:00pm in the Washington County Juvenile and Domestic Relations District Court.
"I want to impress upon the parents, grandparents and other family members the importance of properly securing their weapons. This situation, in all probability, may have been avoided, had the weapon been properly secured," stated Sheriff Newman.
The reports above derived from the Washington County Virginia Sheriff's Dept.
White People, Crime, and Welfare Myths
Most poor whites like poor blacks end up in poverty for the same reason: behavior. As of 2016 28% of white children were born to single mothers. There is a lazy, shiftless white underclass no different than the lazy, shiftless black underclass.
Not only out of wedlock births, but high levels of substance abuse, violence, sloth, etc. The press loves to play race, but it is class and behavior regardless of race.
In Southwest Virginia and East Tennessee massive drug busts can net as many as 20-50 people in one sweep, 90% white. We have 70-year-olds being busted for drug dealing.
- Regional Crime Index
- Virginia Violent Crime 2022 is Black Crime
- Crime by Race Missouri
- 43 People Arrested-Indicted for Drugs Spend Thanksgiving in Jail
- Another 48 People Nailed in Bristol Virginia Drug Bust
- Black Gang Arrested for Rape Laugh at Judge
- Break Light Leads to Drug Bust for Black Male
- Missing License Plate Lands Stupid Man in Jail for Meth
- Seatbelt Violation Leads to the Arrest of 14 People on Drug Charges
- Two Kingsport Men Arrested Murder, Drug Charges
- Kingsport Couple Arrested for Meth Manufacturing in Backseat of Car
- Welfare Check for Three Children Yields Four Arrests for Meth
- Two Black Males Arrested for 2011 Kingsport Murder
- Three Arrested After Kingsport Police Stumble onto Drug Deal
- Kingsport Couple Arrested for Drugs at West Side Inn
- Speeding violation leads to 2 arrests, drug and cash seizure
- Two Arrested at Public Housing for Gun-Drugs
- Zero Tolerance Policies and African Americans in Tennessee Schools
- Robbery Suspects Run Down Washington County Tennessee Deputy
- Black Male Opens Fire at Kingsport Waffle House
- Crime by Race in Tennessee
- Crime and Violence on Indian Reservations
Web site Copyright Lewis Loflin, All rights reserved.
If using this material on another site, please provide a link back to my site.