43 People Busted for Drugs Spend Thanksgiving in Jail
Just a day or two before Thanksgiving 43 local residents are in or looking at prison. Two couples, one in Kingsport Tennessee and another in Glade Spring Virginia were nailed for meth labs in their homes. This led to one couple losing their 3-year-old son.
Another 39 got drug indictments for mostly selling prescription drugs. This is just a sample of the out of control drug epidemic in this area shown below. This is a white and not black problem that's getting as bad as the worse inner city ghetto.
Kingsport Couple Busted for Making Methamphetamine. The Kingsport Police Department raided a residence after a tip about drug activity at a trailer court on 417 Barnett Drive. The home of Mark Pruitt, 41 and Leah Dalton, 19 was the target of the raid. The couple had been previously arrested on drug charges in August at Ms. Dalton's home.
They are in jail again for Thanksgiving. They were operating another meth lab and Mr. Pruitt admitted to police "he had bought the materials at Wal-Mart with the intention of producing meth, but he had not completed the cook."
Police found "a trash can outside was allegedly piled high with the makings of a methamphetamine operation: stripped lithium batteries, drain cleaner, bottles of camp fuel, coffee filters, plastic bottles." Both Pruitt and Dalton were arrested and charged with manufacturing of methamphetamine, maintaining a dwelling where controlled substances are stored/used/sold and possession of drug paraphernalia. Ref. Kingsport Police Dept. and the Kingsport Times-News November 23, 2011.
Young Glade Spring Couple nailed for Meth, lose child. Heather Dawn Boone, 21, and David Aaron Jackson, 27 will be spending Thanksgiving in jail without their 3-year-old son. Washington County VA. deputies acting on a tip busted the couple for making meth in their home. While little meth was found they believed meth had been made there for some time. The tip came from retailers because they were purchasing precursors from local pharmacies.
Also taken was a car being used to sell drugs and also face weapons charges. To quote the press:
(they) were both charged with abuse or neglect of a child, possession of precursors with the intent to make meth, conspiring to make meth, making meth and conspiring to sell or distribute meth. Boone was additionally charged with possession of a firearm during the manufacture, sale or distribution of marijuana and carrying a concealed weapon.
Both are being held without bond at the Southwest Virginia Regional Jail in Abingdon.
Ref. BHC November 22, 2011. On the very same day they reported the Glade Spring arrests the Bristol Virginia Grand Jury indicted 39 people on 102 drug charges. I broke the information down and here is what I found based on location, race, and age:
24 live in/around public housing projects;
7 live in Tennessee;
3 are black, 36 are white;
17 female, 22 male;
8 are 20-29 years old;
18 are 30-39 years old;
9 are 40-49 years old;
1 is 50, 3 are 60-69.
31 were involved in selling prescription drugs, the most popular was Suboxone.
4 were involved in selling Methamphetamine in one form or another;
4 were involved in selling Cocaine or crack Cocaine;
1 for Marijuana.
Conclusion: this is an overwhelmingly white problem clustered heavily around 30-45 age group clustered in/around public housing projects. Nearly all are of working age and if employed now (not likely), will be made more unemployable with a criminal record. Most employers already use drug tests and complain about the problems of finding employees in this region drug free enough to hold a job.
With little or no drug treatment available and even though these might be non-violent offenses, they often escalate to more violent offenses. That doesn't even account for the impact on children. Bristol according to reports has had a large uptick in crime clustered around, you guessed it, public housing.
In a closing note the area has recently instituted drug courts. These allow non-violent offenders a chance to stay out of jail and work towards cleaning up their act.
Bristol City Adult Drug Court
497 Cumberland Street
Bristol, VA 24201
Meets: Every Tuesday at 9:30 a.m.
Phone: (276) 591-9425
Fax: (276) 821-6082
- Illegal Aliens Flood Tri-Cities Hurting Working Poor
- 58 White People Sentenced to 348 Years Over Methamphetamine
- Regional Crime
- Impaired Driver Faces Felony Drug Charges in Johnson City
- Another 48 People Nailed in Bristol Virginia Drug Bust
- Black Gang Arrested for Rape Laugh at Judge
- Break Light Leads to Drug Bust for Black Male
- Missing License Plate Lands Stupid Man in Jail for Meth
- Seatbelt Violation Leads to the Arrest of 14 People on Drug Charges
- Wanted felon smashes cruiser window, gets tasered
- Man arrested for drug activity and burglary
- Arrest for outstanding warrant leads to meth lab bust
- Traffic stop leads to meth lab bust
- Three busted for church thefts
- Mother and Son jailed for Drugs in Washington County, TN
- Three Feral Whites Accused of Double Murder over Drugs, Money
- Mexicans Plead Guilty to Cocaine and Firearms Charges in Johnson City
- Teacher Charged With Firing Gun on School Property
- Cigarette butt leads to felony arrest
- Kingsport Shooting Incident Results in Additional Felony Drug Charges
- Speeding leads to drug bust
- Tip leads to meth lab bust at local motel
- Federal Jury Convicts Safety Manager Of Fraud at Nuclear Sites
- Mexican Citizen In Johnson City Sentenced On Cocaine and Firearms Charges
- Stupid White Male from Greenville Convicted for Oxycodone Distribution
- Jonesborough Nurse Sentenced For Diverting Drugs At VA Medical Center
- North Carolina Hispanic Convicted of Meth Distribution in Tennessee
- Black Male from Detroit Convicted of Drug Distribution in Tennessee
- Stupid White Woman from North Carolina Convicted for Meth Distribution
- Robbery Suspects Run Down Washington County Tennessee Deputy
- Black Male Opens Fire at Kingsport Waffle House
- Crime by Race in Tennessee
- Crime and Violence on Indian Reservations
- Two Kingsport Men Arrested Murder, Drug Charges
- Kingsport Couple Arrested for Meth Manufacturing in Backseat of Car
- Welfare Check for Three Children Yields Four Arrests for Meth
- Two Black Males Arrested for 2011 Kingsport Murder
- Two South Carolina Fugitives Rack Up Drug Charges in Kingsport
- Mother, Son, and Two Neighbors Busted for Drugs in Kingsport
- Three Arrested After Kingsport Police Stumble onto Drug Deal
- Kingsport Couple Arrested for Drugs at West Side Inn
- Congratulations Kingsport Crime Down in 2013
- Eleven Defendants Sentenced To Imprisonment For Bristol Crack Cocaine Conspiracy
- Holistic Doctor Sentenced on Drug Diversion Charges
- 68 People Face Counterfeit Check Charges
- Speeding violation leads to 2 arrests, drug and cash seizure
- Two Arrested at Public Housing for Gun-Drugs
- 43 People Arrested-Indicted for Drugs Spend Thanksgiving in Jail
- Mass Shooting in Bristol Tennessee Public Housing Leaves Five Dead
- Zero Tolerance Policies and African Americans in Tennessee Schools
- Updated September 2017:
- Web Master
- Bristol, Southwest Virginia Revealed
- Science & Technology
- 2017 Website Updates & Deletions
- Hobby Electronics
- US Constitution
- Christianity 101
- Religious Themes
- Guestbook Archive
Web site Copyright Lewis Loflin, All rights reserved.
If using this material on another site, please provide a link back to my site.