Illegal Alien Population Floods Tri-Cities Hurting Working Poor
Tri-Cities Virginia-Tennessee has among the worse social demographics in the nation. Recent census reports show 21 percent of the workforce between 18 and 65 has no health insurance of any kind. The region comprising areas of East Tennessee and Southwest Virginia rank in the bottom 10 percent in healthcare, education, etc. The region suffers an enormous income gap where professionals, retirees, and government workers enjoy incomes far above the average private sector worker.
- Tri-Cities Unemployment Up 2013-2014
- Fourth quarter Job Disaster in Tri-Cities Bristol Virginia-Tennessee
- Bristol Spends Millions for Jobs - Gets Nothing
- Poor People the Big Loser in Appalachian Economics
- 'Good Old Boys' Rake in Millions Thousands Struggle in Bristol
- Poverty Wages Class Warfare in Bristol Virginia-Tennessee
- Cost of Living Versus Income in Bristol Virginia-Tennessee
Recent studies from the Virginia Employment Commission shows most of the job growth in Smyth/Washington Counties will be home health aids ($9 an hour) and food services at $244 a week. While manufacturing jobs will continue steep declines and most post office work for example will be shifted to Knoxville, the region is being flooded with illegal aliens being used to fire/displace an already disadvantaged work force.
According to a report from the local press the Hispanic population in Tennessee has exploded 134 percent in ten years and has doubled in Tri-Cities. This is part of a spill-over from nearby Hamblen County and Morristown are awash with illegal aliens and the associated crime wave these types of communities create. The big problems have been illegal drugs, human trafficking and prostitution, and identity theft.
They were imported by outfits like the Garcia Labor Company that was shut down by the Federal Government for trafficking illegal aliens, then they refused to remove the illegals with ICE in Tennessee claiming it cost too much. This led to ICE ordering local law enforcement to even release violent criminals into the community because they didn't want to bother picking them up. There is no effort to remove the vast number of illegals here - in fact they are protected and pandered to.
It's bad enough they are used to knock the bottom out of low-pay labor market in the region, they cost a lot in social services and jails as well. To quote the press,
Angie Johnson is one of 166,000 Hispanics who've moved to the Volunteer State in the last decade. Nowhere is that more evident than in the classroom. She says Hispanic children make up 12 percent of Cherokee elementary school's entire student body. And all of those children are part of the district's English as a second language program...
That local school system was forced into hiring 8 special teachers in that one school to service that population where many of their families are on welfare or work under the table, thus paying no taxes. The local Chamber of Commerce applauds these developments because it supplies them with a cheaper replacement labor force and the high costs are socialized onto the general public. Republicans are cheering cheap labor and Democrats are on a voter drive.
It makes no sense to spend millions fighting poverty, mostly due to the appalling wage scales here, then import more poor people to maintain the very system that causes the problem to begin with. Let's not forget social programs are also a big industry here, so why would liberals want to shrink their industry? Ref. BHC Nov. 17, 2011
One Hispanic Murders Another Hispanic
An "argument between friends" in Greenville, Tennessee led 26-year-old Huerman Hernandez Sanchez to inflict multiple stab wounds on his "buddy" 20-year-old Francisco Lopez killing him. His "buddy" was apparently trying to sleep and Sanchez got offended when he told him to leave. To quote,
Neighbors said there was a lot of commotion outside and say it appeared to be an argument. They say the two men went inside and one neighbor said Lopez told Sanchez to go in the other room and be quiet so he could sleep. That's when police said Sanchez got upset and attacked Lopez with a knife.
They say alcohol was involved. Who says just Hillbillies get involved in this nonsense? Ref. BHC November 10, 2011.
The American people have spoken on immigration but the political elite will not listen because they are paid by their corporate benefactors not to listen...In America today, anything's for sale, even democracy.
Last is most recent.
Mexican Crimewave in Johnson City
Local Crime 1 Local Crime 2
Local Crime 3 Local Crime 4
- Hispanics and Federal-State Crime in Tennessee
- Hispanic Welfare Class Won't Vote Republican
- Class Warfare - American People Versus Ruling Elite
- Illegal Immigration Plagues Tennessee
- Unfettered illegal immigration boosts inflation
- How Liberals Betray Black Workers in Favor of Hispanic Voters
- How Mass Immigration Leads to Poverty
- Two Great Classes in contemporary America
- An Immigration policy bought and paid for?
- 'Immigrants' Take Most of the New Jobs in Texas, Elsewhere
- What we can all learn from our Latino community
- Open Borders a Danger to Jews
- Purging Politically Incorrect Jews
- Hispanic Anti-Semitism the Unmentionable Bigotry
- Problem of Muslim Immigration Rise of Islamism
- Postmodernism Skews Immigration Debate
- Jews and Identity Politics
- Immigration Policy and Identity Politics
- Permission to believe (in God) Dr Gerald Schroeder
- Where the Bible meets the Big Bang
- 25 Questions and answers for Creationism
- Introduction to the scientific method.
- The scientific method.
- How Alarmists undermine Science and Theology
- A Look at C.S. Lewis on Evolution
- Quotes from C.S. Lewis
- Evolution and the early church, and Islam
- Christian Orthodoxy On Creationism and Evolution
- A Handbook on the History of Modern Science
- Origins Of America-Bashing and Marxist Failure
- Socialist Roots of Modern Anti-Semitism
- The Chorus of Useful (Leftist) Idiots
- Chick-fil-A Appreciation Day: Standing Against Gay Fascism