Kicked out of the Johnson City Mall by Political Correctness
by Lewis Loflin
Dan Fuchs was operating a kiosk at the Johnson City Mall selling items such as T-shirts and bumper stickers. The Obamanite useful idiots complained slogans such as "SOS: Stop Obama's Socialism," "Nobama," and "Chicago got the party, but the country got the hangover" were offensive according to Mall officials. His company the Graphic Edge got kicked out by Mall officials after they suggested he sell pro-Obama merchandise.
According to the Johnson City Press (September 25, 2009): Now it appears Fuchs is out of business at the mall, but mall officials say this decision was not based upon political views...Fuchs was handed a lease termination notice by mall officials and signed by Mall General Manager Tembra Aldridge. The letter states that the option to terminate the lease agreement is effective 11:59 p.m. today and that he must vacate the mall premises and remove his property before then....
Marsha Hammond, the mall's marketing director, has a different take...Aldridge and Melinda Davis, the mall's specialty leasing representative, suggested that Fuchs also display items in support of Obama. The mall had received several complaints from customers regarding the anti-Obama items, she said. Hammond also said that it was Fuchs' decision to remove the items completely from display."
Some critics of Fuchs claim this was staged for publicity, I don't buy it. The Mall claims this is private property and they can do what they want. Below is a message from Mr. Fuchs and I encourage everyone to support him by buying his products. The fact is the liberal fascists are rattled at the level of opposition to their agenda and this again proves their claims of tolerance and free speech are just lies. Contact the Johnson City Mall and let your view be known or better yet just boycott it.
Posted by (Graphic Edge) September 25, 2009:
Personally I feel like I was unfairly terminated from the Mall at Johnson City. 10 minutes after I was told to "balance out" and display a fair amount of "Pro Obama" items, evenly balancing out the Anti-Obama items, I was also told my lease was safe until it expired, I was then handed my termination papers.
I have asked the general public for ideas and suggestions on what else to display, but yet all I have received was ________________ (BLANK). Not a single suggestion from those who opposed my displays.
I welcome all comments. Please send me an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) and comment on your views and opinions on this subject matter. I also welcome you to freely contact me by phone at 423-773-4746. All merchandise and others will be available online at http://www.graphicedgeonline.com within 2 or 3 days from the airing of this news broadcast.
'Nobama' salesman sues Mall at Johnson City over eviction
November 10th, 2009 The Johnson City Press is reporting Dan Fuchs has filed a complaint against the Mall at Johnson City and Glimcher Realty Trust, the Ohio-based company which owns the mall, and is seeking damages for lost profits and emotional stress he says was caused when the mall terminated its lease with him. An amended complaint was filed Thursday afternoon in Chancery Court.
Fuchs was the owner of the Graphic Edge kiosk in the mall, a business that printed pictures and slogans on items such as cups, bumper stickers and shirts. On display at the kiosk were items critical of President Barack Obama and members of Congress. Items for sale contained slogans such as "I'll keep my guns, freedom and money ... you can keep the 'change,'" "That Obama sticker on your car might as well say, 'Yes, I'm stupid,'" and "Go Green, Recycle Congress."
As of 2015 nothing has come of this law suit.
To quote Lenowisco Broadband Study Warned against Call Centers (PDF file):
"The region has been replacing traditional (better paying) manufacturing jobs with (low paying subsidized) call center jobs, which provide limited advancement and work opportunities. Call centers represent the factory floor of the Knowledge Economy; they are an important part of a diversified economic development strategy, but the region must be careful not to rely too heavily on them, as the work is easily moved to other regions and/or other countries."No US Job Creation 1999-2009
- Emory & Henry Launches 9,000 Watt Station Paid for by Tax Dollars
- Boucher: $4 Million for Green Construction Training Program
- Federal Loan Helps Build New, Welfare Town Homes in Wytheville
- Boucher Misuses $2.5 Million for Country Music Museum
- Congressman Boucher, DIRECTV, and Virtual Jobs
- Congressman Boucher Brings Home the Bacon in 2009
- Congressman Boucher's Failed Call Center Legacy
- Congressman Boucher Defeated in 2010
- Bristol Virginia Utilities Update for 2009, 2019
- Bristol Virginia Utilities Goes Independent
- Government War on American Labor Good for Commerce
- Wise Virginia Call Center Won't Hire 500 New Workers
- Tobacco Commission Sykes Fiasco Reveals Government Waste
Cable Ready Socialism
How CGI-AMS and Northrop Grumman Failed Russell County
How Cable Ready Socialism Failed Southwest Virginia
Sprint Jumps State Line Collects Millions
U.S. Solutions Dumps Bristol Virginia for Bristol Tennessee
Travelocity Fails Dickenson County
- Sustainable Woods wood-processing facility in Castlewood not sustainable
- Critical Look at Appalachian Sustainable Development
- Rebuilding of Appalachian Harvest's packing, grading facility nearing completion
- Alpha Building Fiasco Five Years Later
- More on the Dirty Alpha Coal Building Deal
- The Dirty Alpha Coal Building Deal
- Southwest Virginia Miners Lose Jobs We Get Minimum-Wage jobs Instead
- Government Lies on Employment Gains October 2014
- More Chaos in the Job Market for Tri-Cities November 2009
- Food Stamps and Unemployment in Bristol VA-TN
- Economic Developers in Tri-Cities Pleased with Job Losses
- Virginia Tobacco Commission Scandals 2014
- More on Phil Puckett and the Virginia Tobacco Commission Scandal
- Virginia Tobacco Commission Waste and Pork Update for 2009-14
- Local Leaders Complain to Senator Kaine - Ignore Workers
- Predominant Face of American Poor is White
- Proof Limiting Mass Immigration Helps the Working Poor
- Born Again Jobs and a Shrinking Tri-Cities Labor Force
- Prime Choice Foods Files for Bankruptcy in Bristol
- What 70 New Jobs at Columbus McKinnon?
- Another 100 Jobs Lost in Bristol Virginia with College Closure
- Bristol Metals fires 290 Workers
- 240 Phony Jobs and Corporate Welfare for Heritage Glass
- Bristol Raising Property Taxes to Pay for Corporate Welfare
- Caterpillar Plant Closure Costs Pulaski County 240 Jobs
- Arch Coal Fires Another 213 Workers - It's the tip of the Iceberg
- High Cost of the Non-Profits Industry
Quick navigation of my homepage:
- Electronics Hobby Projects What's New?
- Assorted Essays on Religion
- Deism and Reason
- Judaism History
- Christianity and History