David Cartlton Anderson
Black Male David Anderson Sentenced to 20 Years for Aggravated Assault
Thursday, 07 July 2011
David Cartlton Anderson, 39, of 116 Water Drive, Warner Robins, GA, pleaded guilty this morning to one count each of Aggravated Assault on a Peace Officer and Possession of a Firearm by a Convicted Felon. Anderson was sentenced to Twenty (20) years and ordered to serve the first Ten (10) years in prison. Anderson was fined $2,500.00 and given a number of special conditions on his sentence.
Anderson was arrested by Warner Robins police officer David Houck on October 13, 2010, in the area of 211 Carroll Drive, Warner Robins. At around 9:50 AM, Officer Houck saw Anderson riding a bicycle and believed it was a person with outstanding warrants. Officer Houck approached Anderson who ditched the bike and ran. Officer Houck pursued Anderson on foot.
During the foot chase, Anderson pointed a pistol at Officer Houck. The officer lost sight of Anderson and called for back-up. Anderson was found a short time later hiding under a house. Police recovered the 9mm handgun that Anderson had discarded in the immediate vicinity. Anderson had previously been convicted in 2001 of Possession of Cocaine with Intent to Distribute in Houston Superior Court.
Anderson pleaded guilty before Judge Katherine Lumsden who immediately imposed sentence. The case had been scheduled for trial on July 11, 2011.
COMMENTS FROM DISTRICT ATTORNEY GEORGE HARTWIG: "We hope this sentence will let criminals know that it's not alright to point guns at police officers in Houston County. The Houston DA's office remains committed to aggressively prosecuting people that commit violent crime in Houston County."
Anderson was prosecuted by District Attorney George Hartwig, Houston DA's Office. David Anderson was represented by Attorney Paul Christian of Macon, GA. For additional information, call District Attorney George Hartwig at 478-218-4810 or 478-972-2226.
- Blacks Turn Waffle House Restaurants into War Zones
- Waffle House Shooting of Reginald Smith by Police Justified
- Black Male on Trial in Saginaw Denny's Shooting
- About Houston County, Georgia
- Foreign Students Pushing American Students Out of College
- Haitian Criminal Murders Three after being freed from Deportation
- Five Black Males Accused of Slashing the Throats of White Family
- Black Male Carjacks 87-Year-Old Woman, Sentenced to Life
- Black Male Breaks Probation, Quickly Returned to Jail
- Johnny Thomas sentenced to 10 years for possession
- Lester Efford Sentenced to 15 years for Drug Peddling
- Thomas Alvin Taylor Sentenced to 45 Years for Drug Trafficking
- Craig R. Rembert Sentenced to 20 Years for Armed Robbery
- Juan Miquell Hollis Sentenced to 16 Years Without Parole
- Jerry Griffin Sentenced to serve 25 years without parole
- Joshua Williams Sentenced to 20 Years for Burglary, Assault
- Tony Martin Sentenced to 20 years for Burglary
- Black Male's Rampage Results in 40 Year Sentence
- David Anderson Sentenced to 20 Years for Aggravated Assault
- Black Male Sentenced to 50 Years Without Parole for Child Abuse
- Violent Black Male Gets 45 Years in Houston County, Georgia
- Kirk Solomon Sentenced to Life
- 997 Oxycodone Tablets Earn White Male William Upton 9 Years
- Marquis Lowe Sentenced to Life Without Parole for Murder