Climate Change Models Failed Again
Update 2014: they are still failing.
In the 1990s, virtually all climate models predicted warming from 2000-2014, but the new data confirms that so far there has been no warming trend in this decade for the U.S.
According to the Wall Street Journal a
"revision in data at NASA's Goddard Institute for Space Studies, indicating that the warmest year on record for the U.S. was not 1998, but rather 1934 (by 0.02 of a degree Celsius)...These temperature mistakes were only for the U.S.; their net effect was to lower the average temperature reading from 2000-2006 by 0.15C."
Environmentalists claim six of the ten hottest years have occurred since 1990, but new data presents a problem. To continue, "NASA now says six of the 10 warmest years were in the 1930s and 1940s, and that was before the bulk of industrial CO2 emissions were released into the atmosphere."
Goddard and NASA under the control of extremists like Dr. James Hansen went into immediate damage control.
"NASA officials say the revisions are insignificant and should not be "used by [global warming] critics to muddy the debate." NASA scientist Gavin Schmidt notes that, despite the revisions, the period 2002-2006 is still warmer for the U.S. than 1930-1934, and both periods are slightly cooler than 1998-2002." Ok Gavin says 1930-34 so which is it? As the Journal notes,
"It's also not clear that the 0.15 degree temperature revision is as trivial as NASA insists. Total U.S. warming since 1920 has been about 0.21 degrees Celsius. This means that a 0.15 error for recent years is more than two-thirds the observed temperature increase for the period of warming...
In the 1990s, virtually all climate models predicted warming from 2000-2010, but the new data confirm that so far there has been no warming trend in this decade for the U.S. Whoops..."
And I'm sitting in Bristol, Virginia as the local news channel claims record cold. Those "simulation models" are the basis of this global warming hype and they are just flat-out wrong and to quote,
"that Al Gore and the media repeat time and again. We may soon be basing multi-trillion dollar policy decisions on computer models whose accuracy we already know to be less than stellar."
The Journal also noted a double standard when it comes to global warming claims. This got out on the internet, not mainstream news media.
So far this year NASA has issued at least five press releases that could be described as alarming on the pace of climate change. But the correction of its overestimate of global warming was merely posted on the agency's Web site.
James Hansen, NASA's ubiquitous climate scientist and a man who has charged that the Bush Administration is censoring him on global warming, has been unapologetic about NASA's screw up.
He claims that global warming skeptics -- "court jesters," he calls them -- are exploiting this incident to "confuse the public about the status of knowledge of global climate change, thus delaying effective action to mitigate climate change."
- Deism vs Islam
- The Bombay Slaughter: Just say radical Islam
- The United Islamist Nations
- Canada vs. Radical Islam
- Muslims, Leftists riot in Greece
- Jews get killed, but Muslims feel vulnerable
- Arab Muslims Angry at Cartoons attempt mass murder in Germany
- Still Asleep After Mumbai (Bombay)
- Al Gore's Green Religion Exposed
- Synchronicity Foundation Cult in Virginia
- Implementing the Global Fart Tax
- Religion is Killing Children
- Science Proves Climate Change
- Debunking Panendeism
- Does Pantheism Lead to Leftism?
- Climate change - Science First
- Social Agenda Behind Environmentalism
- Environmental-Government Complex
- Separation of Religion and State
- White Father of seven killed by Muslim, whites blamed for it
- Where is My Golden Parachute?
- Illegal alien attacks pregnant girlfriend in Kingsport, Tennessee
- The Nazis in Latvia
- Permission to believe (in God)
- Raising the Third World's I.Q. with Iodine?