Johnson City Man Gets 216 Months in Prison for Drugs
August 31, 2012 Department of Justice
United States Attorney William C. Killian Eastern District of Tennessee
Johnson City Resident Sentenced On Crack Cocaine Conspiracy Charges
GREENEVILLE, Tenn. - On August 31, 2012, Willie Steven Carter, 28, of Johnson City, Tenn., was sentenced by the Honorable Ronnie Greer, U.S. District Court Judge, to serve 216 months in prison for his participation in a drug trafficking organization responsible for the distribution of large quantities of crack cocaine in Johnson City. Upon his release from prison Carter will serve 12 years supervised release. He was sentenced as a career offender based upon his two prior felony drug convictions.
Evidence in the case showed that Carter and other co-conspirators traveled to Rome, Ga., and Knoxville, Tenn., to purchase large amounts of cocaine. Upon returning to Johnson City, the cocaine was cooked into crack cocaine and sold by various co-conspirators, including but not limited to: Carter, Kayla Buchanan, 28, Hiram McGirt, 42, Carlton Waite, 40, Dustin Rollins, 33, Jarrod Baxter, 33, and Kimberly Bowen, 27, all of Johnson City.
All have now been sentenced for their role in the conspiracy. Most of the crack cocaine was sold to customers from residences on Park Avenue and Oak Grove Road in Johnson City. A search warrant executed at a residence occupied by Buchanan, McGirt and Carter in October 2010 resulted in the seizure of over 60 grams of crack cocaine and several sets of digital scales.
The Johnson City Police Department Vice Squad was the primary law enforcement agency responsible for the indictment and subsequent conviction of Carter and others involved in this conspiracy. Special Assistant U.S. Attorney Ben Whittemore and Assistant U.S. Attorney Wayne Taylor represented the United States.
- Crime Index Page
- Two White Males Indicted in Knoxville Pharmacy Robbery
- Wise Virginia Woman to Get 33 Months on Drug Charges
- Newport Tennessee Man Gets 18 Years for Drug Trafficking
- Johnson City Hispanic Male to Get Minimum 67 Years
- Johnson City Man Gets 216 Months in Prison for Drugs
- Man that Robbed a White Pine Tennessee Drug Store Gets 118 Months
- 15 from Hawkins County Tennessee Indicted on federal drug Charges
- Knoxville Resident Charged With Recent BB&T Bank Robbery
- Green County Tennessee Man Gets 144 Months for Drug Trafficking
- Hawkins County Tennessee Family Nailed for Drugs: Jr Gets 170 Months
- Elizabethton Tennessee Man Gets Five Years for Drugs
- Florida Man Gets 97 Months for Drugs
- 21 East Tennessee Residents Indicted for Math Distribution/Manufacturing
What does Al Gore say about the 'science' behind climate change?
"As it happens, the idea of social justice is inextricably linked in the Scriptures with ecology."
- Exploring Religion and Environmentalism
- Taking a Sober View on Climate Change
- Social Agenda Behind Environmentalism
- Environmental-Government Complex is about Money
- From Leslie J. Sacks:
- Political Correctness - Our Titanic
- Why Islam is in Desperate Need of a Reformation
- Death of Democracy by President Obama?
- Unspoken Racism of America by Leslie Sacks