Will Galax Virginia Printing Company Break Tobacco Commission Losing Streak?
Compiled by Lewis Loflin
The taxpayers are again handing out big money with promises of more jobs. The Tobacco Commission has a very poor record on these deals, let's hope this one works out. I will let the record stand as we monitor this issue. I wish Carolina Profile Design the best.
Basics: Carolina Profile Design is a private company categorized under Photolithographic Printing and located in Galax, VA. Our records show it was established in 1990* and incorporated in North Carolina*. Current estimates show this company has an annual revenue of less than $500,000 and employs a staff of approximately 1 to 4. Ref. http://www.manta.com/c/mm88bb2/carolina-profile-design
It has been here 20 years and has about 4 employees? Posted April 20, 2010.
10/26/2009 Article #2676
RICHMOND 'Carolina Profile Design Corp., a lithographic commercial printing company, will invest $3 million to expand in Grayson County, creating 55 jobs. The company will add a metal machining process to its existing operations. Virginia successfully competed with Illinois, North Carolina and Pennsylvania for the project.
"Carolina Profile Design has been a corporate staple in Grayson County since 1990,' Governor Kaine said. "This expansion will enable the company to manufacture high-end metal parts for machinery and after-market products that are in demand around the world. In a region that has been hit by economic the downturn and offers an available workforce, 55 new jobs are significant.'
Carolina Profiles began in 1990 as a machine shop with considerable capability in designing plastic recycling equipment. The company now operates both a sophisticated machine design and production shop and some specialized commercial printing.
The Virginia Economic Development Partnership worked with Grayson County and Virginia's aCorridor to secure the project for Virginia. Governor Kaine approved a $100,000 grant from the Governor's Opportunity Fund to assist Grayson County with the project. The Virginia Tobacco Indemnification and Community Revitalization Commission approved $150,000 in Tobacco Region Opportunity Funds for the project. The Virginia Department of Business Assistance will provide training assistance through the Virginia Jobs Investment Program.
Carolina Profile Design, 1056 Edmonds Road, Galax, VA 24333, Phone (276) 236-7184
- Wholesale Plant Nursery Receives $8 Million for Energy Research
- No It's Not 250 New Jobs in Grayson County Virginia
- 2008 Remote Area Medical in Wise in Pictures
- Remote Area Medical Wise 2011 Ignores Government Waste
- Remote Area Medical Exposes Government Hypocrisy Again in 2014
- Crony Capitalism Comes to Wise County
- Pinnacle Wood Products Follies in Wise County
- Obscene Electrolux Incentive Deal Puts Tennessee at Risk
- Tobacco Commission Sykes Fiasco
- Scott County Virginia Economic Backwater
- Cost of Wise Inn Fiasco Soares to $12 Million
- Appalachia Resents Label of Third World
- Washington County Supervisor Blasts Obscene Pay Raises
- Exposing the Virginia Tobacco Commission Part 1
- Exposing the Virginia Tobacco Commission Part 2
What does Al Gore say about the 'science' behind climate change?
"As it happens, the idea of social justice is inextricably linked in the Scriptures with ecology."
- Exploring Religion and Environmentalism
- Taking a Sober View on Climate Change
- Social Agenda Behind Environmentalism
- Environmental-Government Complex is about Money
- From Leslie J. Sacks:
- Political Correctness - Our Titanic
- Why Islam is in Desperate Need of a Reformation
- Death of Democracy by President Obama?
- Unspoken Racism of America by Leslie Sacks