Wise Virginia Woman Receives 33 Months Over Drug Charges
July 9, 2012 Department of Justice
United States Attorney William C. Killian Eastern District of Tennessee
Southwest Virginia Woman Sentenced In Greeneville For Role In Tri-Cities And Southwest Virginia Drug Conspiracy
GREENEVILLE - A Southwest Virginia woman was sentenced to nearly three years in federal prison Monday for her role in a large-scale oxycodone trafficking operation, the U.S. Attorney's Office announced in a news release.
U.S. District Court Judge J. Ronnie Greer sentenced Victoria Danielle Bays, 25, Wise, Va., to 33 months in prison for her involvement in the conspiracy, which operated in the Tri-Cities area of East Tennessee and Southwest Virginia, as well as Florida, and Detroit, Mich.
Bays participated in the conspiracy by assisting other co-defendants in acquiring the painkiller oxycodone and also by laundering proceeds from the sales of oxycodone, the U.S. Attorney's Office said.
A total of 27 defendants from four states were indicted and all have been convicted.
"Oxycodone continues to be a major problem in this area," U.S. Attorney William C. Killian said in the release. "The powerful pain killer is a major factor in many of the violent crimes including bank and pharmacy robberies. The drug is extremely addictive and very expensive on the street.
"Our office will continue to work closely with all law enforcement agencies to cut off the illegal supply lines for this drug, whether they are traditional criminal organizations, such as in this case, or 'pill mills' operating as legitimate medical providers," Killian said.
The investigation involved the Tennessee Second Judicial District Drug Task Force; Tennessee Bureau of Investigation; Southwest Virginia Drug Task Force; Kingsport Police Department; Sullivan County Sheriff's Office; Bristol Police Department;, Johnson City Police Department; Washington County Sheriff's Office, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives; Drug Enforcement Administration; and Internal Revenue Service Criminal Investigations Division.
- Lakeem Scott and Press Incitement to Murder
- Machete Wielding Hispanic Shot Dead
- Christina Eilman Rape Costs Chicago Police Millions
- 12-Year-Old Emily Haddock Murder
- Emily Haddock killers Get Plea Bargain
- 15-Year-Old White Girl Gang Raped at California School
- Defining Fake News What to Watch For
- Democrat Identity Politics Spreads Muslim Religious Violence
- Climate Change Another Excuse for Muslim Religious Violence
- Muslim Violence from Muslim Religious Cults
- Black Criminals not Shooting Unarmed Black Men the Problem
- Crime Explodes Pubs Close in London
- Why illegal Immigration Matters in Bristol Virginia/Tennessee
- Illegal Aliens in Virginia and Tennessee
- The truth on mass immigration.
- Data Shows America's Job Growth Benefits Immigrants, Outsourcers
- Cult of multiculturalism' vs. U.S. sovereignty