$30,000 Public Funds Wasted in Washington County Virginia
Tax dollars squandered again on feel-good nonsense touted as business development. Damascus resident Katie Lamb will get $15,000 to help her open something called "Me and the Little Tree Studio and Boutique. She said she was "floored" with the gift. The idiots behind this include the Chamber of Commerce, the failed Virginia Highlands Small Business Incubator, and the nonsense Virginia Department of Small Business and Supplier Diversity.
I kid you not the Dept. of Supplier Diversity! Who pays the bills? Washington County IDA, Town of Abingdon, and the Virginia Department of Housing and Community Development. Nobody could make this up.
While I'm sure Ms. Lamb is happy we just lost another 200 good paying jobs as Ball Corp. shutters its Bristol facility. These were good jobs not low-end retail jobs or stupid boutique type crap jobs we usually get.
You just can't fix stupid. Ref. BHC March 18, 2016.
TVA and Stupid Political Correctness
AP May 1, 2016: and ex-TVA manager confessed to passing nuclear secrets to China. China operates a vast espionage campaign though it citizens and businesses that operate in the U.S. The information went to state-controlled Chinese companies that build reactors.
Several Chinese nuclear engineers that should never has gotten a security clearance have been arrested. Ching Ning Guey who was born and Taiwan and became a US citizen. Also nailed was Szuhsiung Ho and other helped China construct nuclear reactors. We have an insane program "for authorized persons to help develop nuclear materials outside the U.S." but these people weren't authorized.
This had been going on since 2004. In 2013 in a trip paid for by China Guey carried classified reports to China. He was paid over $15,000. With a surplus of native born American engineers why were these people hired at all?
- News updates May 2016
- Bristol Virginia Washington County loses 362 jobs May 2016
- Massive Debt Leaves Bristol Virginia Near Panic
- Green Energy Boondoggle in Bristol Virginia
- More Replacement Call Center Jobs for Scott County Virginia - Ultimately
- Bristol Residents Paying $650,000 for Cabela's Fake Waterfall
- Bristol Virginia to Raise Taxes Layoff Workers Over Corporate Welfare
- $30,000 Public Funds Wasted in Washington County Virginia
- Gov. McAuliffe Claims New Jobs in Smyth County - Not Really
- Bristol Virginia Utilities Culture of Corruption
- Another $157,000 in Grants to be Wasted on Tourism
- Virginia Politicians Waste Another $10,000 on Failed Movie
- Summer 2015
- Tri-Cities Jobs Report Summer 2015
- Gov. McAuliffe Another Porkbarrel King
- Teaching Positions Eliminated While Raising Taxes
- No Corporate Welfare for Cootie Brown's Bristol Tennessee
- White's Mill still Waste of Tax Dollars
- Bristol Virginia Residents Nailed for Higher Taxes and Fees
- Bristol Compressors More Corporate Welfare?
- Lt. Gov. Ron Ramsey Stabs Consumers In the Back
- Virginia Tourism Low Wage Jobs
Last is most recent.
Local Crime 1 Local Crime 2
Local Crime 3 Local Crime 4
- Bristol Spends Millions for Jobs - Gets Nothing
- Raise Minimum Wage in Bristol
- Crime is Up Across Wise County Virginia
- 58 Meth Convections Illustrate Problem in Tri-Cities
- Jails and New Laws Won't Stop Meth Epidemic
- Tobacco Commission Failure Once Again in 2014
- Tri-Cities Unemployment Up 2013-2014
- Crony Capitalism and the Government Loop
- Bristol VA-TN Government waste 2013
- Disability the Hidden Unemployment Program
- Steel Company Jumps County Line for Government Handouts
- Poverty and Guns Doesn't Equal Gun Crime
- CityMac Another Taxpayer Fiasco
- Layoffs Corporate Welfare at Eastman Chemical
- We Don't Hire People with College
- Single Parent Problem in Southwest Virginia
- Even Blacks Consider Blacks more Racist than Whites