Rich White Democrats Screwing Millennials in New York City
"Since 2000 virtually all the job growth in the United States has gone to immigrants with almost no increase for those who were born in the USA...all of the net gain in the number of working age (16-65) people holding a job has gone to immigrants (legal and illegal)...In august 2015, for example, 698,000 native born Americans lost their jobs, 204,000 foreign born...gained employment." 1
The Wall Street Journal has an eye-opening article titled "New York City Millennial Make Less, Have More Debt" Date: April 25, 2016
They say, "Millennials were applying for jobs in the most difficult economic climate since the Great Depression. Every generation is expected to do better than the last, but too many millennials are not getting a fair chance to make it here in New York City."
Why is this such a surprise with the presence of so many illegal aliens in the city' workforce? This has suppressed entry-level jobs in both pay and access. Young people desperately need these entry-level jobs, but not at these often depressed wage scales even if they could get them.
The Journal is reporting that "the average working 23-year-old in New York City earned $23,543 in 2014, compared with $27,731 in 2000, adjusted for inflation" a loss of over $4000 in earning power.
This loss of earning power flows directly into the pockets of business, while increasing poverty and shifting welfare cost on to the public.
Illegal aliens and Third World immigrants in general are tremendous drain on the welfare system far above any taxes that they pay in a year. Studies by the National Association of Science shows these costs to the welfare system at $300 billion annually.
With a constant deluge of legal and illegal immigration why are we surprised that the city's most vulnerable are taking a hit in their paychecks?
Mayor de Blasio has made it his business to stop deportations of illegal aliens no matter whom it hurts. It sure doesn't hurt rich white Democrats that benefit from cheap services and products and produces higher profits for their business interests.
This is further exacerbated by poor decisions of many young people. Many high school graduates in New York City are ill-prepared to go to college, but choose to go anyway obtaining junk degrees and piling up mountains of debt. Many would have been better off taking vocational training, but illegal aliens have taken most of those jobs too.
The best thing to do to help struggling young people is to cut off most if not all legal immigration of low skill workers. In addition we must have the mass removal of illegal aliens out of this country. This will give working people leverage against business to demand better wages and working conditions.
In addition, these young people must be realistic in their educational goals and attainment. The New York Times has noted that liberal arts degrees are essentially useless in the job market.
See A College Degree, but Not a College Job from The New York Times.
Too many colleges are little more than diploma mills wasting the students time and leaving them straddled in debt for decades. Some are sounding the alarm that student loan debt defaults could result in another bubble like the housing bubble in 2007.
Illegal aliens are big business in New York City. According to former New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg explained, "Although [illegal aliens] broke the law by illegally crossing our borders or over-staying their visas and our businesses broke the law by employing them, our city's economy would be a shell of itself had they not, and it would collapse if they were deported".
Not really Mr. Bloomberg. And tolerating institutionalized crime leads to more corruption and undermines faith in the system. According to a Fiscal Policy Institute analysis of 2000 to 2006 data, there are 374,000 illegal alien workers in New York City, certainly higher in 2016. That's not counting massive legal immigration. Best way to end poverty is a job and unless young people, particularly young people of color with poor academic achievement levels, never even get a chance to development needed job skills.
To quote Wikipedia,
"Undocumented immigrants can be found working in almost every industry in New York City performing a wide variety of tasks. More than half of all dishwashers in the city are illegal immigrants, as are a third of all sewing machine operators, painters, cooks, construction laborers, and food preparation workers. Illegal immigrants also make up close to 30 percent of the city's automotive service technicians & mechanics, waiters & waitresses, maids & housekeeping cleaners, and carpenters."
This can't go on forever without dire social upheaval.
1. Morris, Dick, author | McGann, Eileen, author.
Title: Armageddon: How Trump Can Beat Hillary / Dick Morris, Eileen McGann
Humanix Books 2016 Page 169
- How Mass Immigration Hurts Black Workers the Most
- President Obama and Silicon Valley Oligarchs Destroy Workers
- Rich White Democrats Screwing Millennials in New York City
- Political Correctness Attacks Science
- Why Emory & Henry College Sucks
- Diversity and Multiculturalism The New Racism
- ACLU Right For Once in Tennessee - Free Tristan Rettke
- Donald Trump Bans Yellow Press
- Nuclear Power Green and Affordable
- National Press Abusing the 1st Amendment Press Protections
- Liberal Press Hates Working-Class and Poor Whites
- Stereotyping and Racism by the Yellow Press
- Yellow Press Promotes Anti-Semitism Lie
- Bristol Herald Courier Inciting Violence?
- Tri-Cities Bristol Workers Adjusted Out of Their Jobs
- Governor McAuliffe Waste, Hypocrisy
- $350,000 Wasted on Passenger Rail Study
- Illegal Immigration Success in Arizona
- Biased Press Censors Minority and Leftwing Violence - 5 Dead
- National Elite All White All Racists
- Defining Religion in American Politics 2016
- High Costs of Immigrant Housekeepers
- Pushing Back Against Political Correctness Censorship
- Intelligence Predicts Economic Social Outcome
- Remapping Class to Race to Racial Warfare
- Press Censorship Bans Gun Violence Debate
- Progressives Clueless-Biased on Guns
- Crime Rates Directly Proportional to Diversity