Captive Virginia Press Peddles Racism, Propaganda
"The media serve and propagandize on behalf of, the powerful societal interests that control and finance them. The representatives of these interests have important agendas and principles that they want to advance, and they are well positioned to shape and constrain media policy." -Chomsky
Re: No free press in Virginia
The front page of the Bristol Herald Courier proclaims: "Truth. Accuracy. Fairness." The Opinion section proclaims, "Opinions expressed do not necessarily represent those of this newspaper..." Rubbish. The level of bias, censorship and liberal hate expressed in this newspaper is appalling and seems to represent the views of this paper in my opinion.
Herald Courier opinion writer Dana Milbank ran a half-page rant how Trump supporters are Nazis and racists in regards to numerous threats to Jewish Centers, etc. It turned out a black liberal ex-journalist and an Israeli-American Jew was behind most of this. Not a word or retraction on this lie and inciting more violence against white working class voters. Day after day much of the same.
Typical was March 11, 2016, A11, "Rally attendee charged with hitting a black man... A white Donald Trump rally attendee was charged with assault..." The dishonest press turned this into a race issue when race had nothing to do with it - why bring it up? It's called yellow journalism and even if it's an AP report, BHC owns it if they print it.
What about the part where it was later revealed these agitators were paid DNC thugs? Why isn't that being printed in this newspaper? I never saw it.
Contrast 5 people including a pregnant woman gunned down at a backyard cookout. (A4) Race was hidden and it turned out to be another gun control rant, avoiding the fact the black victims were killed by a black thug. Want to bring up race? Stop censoring minority violence and criminality.
The Bristol Herald Courier is not an honest newspaper. Between Mr. Buffett owning most Virginia newspapers and Mr. Bezos owning the Washington Post, we have no free printed press in Virginia. I'm waiting on an apology for calling their readers Nazis.
This "newspaper" hides behind disclaimers and weasel words but never mentions anything it really stands for. It's time to strip the "press" of its legal protections until they figure out what and who they represent.
- Bristol Virginia Region 2017
- Tri-Cities Labor Market Report 2011 & 2016
- Taxpayer Funds Wasted To Renovate St. Paul Hotel
- Gov. McAuliffe Clueless on Jobs But Not Pork
- Holding Press Accountable Protects Freedom of Speech
- ARC Virginia Grants Pork and Salaries 2015-16
- Links to Various Political and Religious Topics
- Political Correctness Attacks Science
- Why Emory & Henry College Sucks
- Diversity and Multiculturalism The New Racism
- ACLU Right For Once in Tennessee - Free Tristan Rettke
- Donald Trump Bans Yellow Press
- Nuclear Power Green and Affordable
- National Press Abusing the 1st Amendment Press Protections
- Liberal Press Hates Working-Class and Poor Whites
- Stereotyping and Racism by the Yellow Press
- Yellow Press Promotes Anti-Semitism Lie
- Bristol Herald Courier Inciting Violence?
- Tri-Cities Bristol Workers Adjusted Out of Their Jobs
- Governor McAuliffe Waste, Hypocrisy
- $350,000 Wasted on Passenger Rail Study
The following are based on a classical deist viewpoint - we are here to learn not just mindless attacks.
- Topics on Religion and Environmentalism
- Gnosticism as Explained by Bishop N. T. Wright
- Deist Critique of the Gospel of Mark
- Religious Syncretism and Christianity
- Classical Deist' View of Religion and Its Application Today
- Taking a Closer Look at Gnosticism and Christianity
- Thoughts on Theistic Evolution and Deism by Lewis Loflin
- My Answer to a Secular Fundamentalist by Lewis Loflin
- Separation of Pseudo-Religion and State
- Environmentalism Religion or Political Philosophy?
- Why Christian Morals Need to be Rejected
- Myth of Early Islam
- Sickness of Afghan-Muslim Culture