Subject: A Good Pagan finds out the Truth about Hell
A good, clean living Pagan died and went to Heaven. St Peter met him at the door. "You can't come in here," Peter said.
The Pagan asked why.
"You're Pagan... sorry. But Hell isn't so bad. Your friends are there, and they say it's cool."
The Pagan is depressed but goes anyway, because he was, well, Pagan. So he goes to Hell and is greeted by a beautiful green field with people picnicking and having a great time. A man in a white robe comes over to him and presents himself as Satan, and the Devil tells him of all the delights in what appears to be a 5 star resort.
"Wow!" thinks the Pagan. "Hell ain't so bad! I'm happy to be here."
Suddenly, the sky gets black and fire spews from the ground. A screaming, flaming man falls from the sky and is swallowed by a crack in the earth. After he disappears, everything returns to normal.
"What the heck was that?!" the Pagan asks Satan.
Satan replies, "That was a Christian. They wouldn't have Hell any other way."
» Archive 1 » Archive 2 » Archive 3
» Archive 4 » Archive 5 » Archive 6
» Archive 7 » Archive 8 » Archive 9
- Taking a Closer Look at Gnosticism and Christianity
- Gnosticism as explained by Bishop N. T. Wright
- Alexander, the Jews, and Hellenism
- More on Alexander the Great, the Jews, and Hellenism
- Hellenistic Period After Alexander
- Alexandrian Philosophy and Judaism - Jewish Encyclopedia
- Platonism and Christianity
- Allegorical Interpretation