Bristol-Southwest Virginia Lost Another 2800 Residents Since 2010
Posted April 17, 2015 by Lewis Loflin
The population of a majority of Mountain Empire localities declined during the past four years, according to a new study. Six Southwest Virginia counties and the city of Bristol, Virginia, saw populations decrease a combined 2,800 residents since the 2010 U.S. Census, while four counties and the city of Norton recorded modest gains totaling less than 500...
The city of Bristol and counties of Buchanan, Dickenson, Russell, Smyth, Tazewell and Wise all reported population declines. Bristol Virginia's population shrank by an estimated 145 to 17,690. Wise County lost 1200.
Bristol Mayor Catherine Brillhart says after squandering tens of millions over the years on failed economic development scams,
"Naturally, we'd rather see the numbers going up not down. To attract people, you need good education facilities and medical care, which we feel we have, but we need to do some work in the future on affordable housing."
How about some middle class jobs Cathy and not moving low-end retail jobs around? We already have 11 public housing projects and 70% of the kids are in poverty Cathy. One former mayor noted welfare payments was a big source of revenue for Bristol - still proud of that Cathy?
The report goes on the say mostly urban areas are gaining while rural areas continue to struggle. It's obvious efforts at reversing these trends across the state with corporate welfare riddled with political corruption have failed. We have plenty of infrastructure, etc. let's try dealing with human capital and the hostile job climate in the state.
Read the full story at http://www.tricities.com/news/article_7d6c6548-a6a4-11e4-8078-d37fe4a9b15b.html
Ref. January 27, 2015 Bristol herald Courier.
- Pedophilia Surrounds Afghan-Muslim Culture
- Myth of Early Islam
- Multiculturalism - Self-Liquidation of Europe
- Fall of the Late Roman Empire
- End of the Vikings in Greenland
- Lost Colony of Roanoke Island
- Whale Fossils Unlock the History of the North
- Religion is Killing Children
- Science Proves Climate Change
- Debunking Panendeism
- Does Pantheism Lead to Leftism?
- Separation of Religion and State
- Disclosure Law Threatens EPA-Industrial Complex
- Al Gore Fusing Christianity to Environmentalism
- Green Religion Won't Save Appalachia
- Hypsithermal Warming Spreads Civilization
- Shockingly Rapid Climatic Shifts are Real
- How Warmer Climate Can Mean More Life
- Innovation and Technology Not Earth-Centered Religion Part 1
- Innovation and Technology Not Earth-Centered Religion Part 2
- Religious Fundamentalism Explained by Michael Crichton.
- Biocentrism vs. Science
- Science vs. Environmentalism
- Toxicity Of Environmentalism
- There's No Man-Made Global Mass Extinction
- Bikini Atoll Recovery From Nuclear Blasts
- Earth Going Green Environmentalists in Denial
- Ocean Acidification or Warming But Not Both
- Nuclear Power Green and Affordable
» Archive 1 » Archive 2 » Archive 3
» Archive 4 » Archive 5 » Archive 6
» Archive 7 » Archive 8 » Archive 9