Are Christians Crazy?
Also see Christianity in America Part 1
Overall the answer is no. They are like everyone else with their share of crazies and psychos. But claiming the earth is 6000 years old then resorting to endless claims of conspiracy theories, searching for Satan under every rock or hoping for the end of the world is crazy.
Some churches have allowed non-biblical nonsense, politics and the occult to invade the pulpit. Others grapple with fighting over fundamentalism and personality cults in their own ranks. Many older churches are breaking up while the ranks of the unchurched continue to swell. Many Christian churches openly attack each other. This leaves millions drifting around who become easy prey for cults.
The fact is many Christians are moral people but have allowed their faith to be abused as a political issue or have allowed immoral people to do all the talking. Christianity is not incompatible with reason but Christians need to speak clearly on what they stand for and deal with hypocrites, racists, and political opportunists who are doing massive damage to the Christian faith. Reason is still the only real defence against cults and churches need to address the issue.
Christians need to follow the moral teachings of Jesus in Matthew, Mark, and Luke.
- Scientific Case for a Transcendent God
- In Defense of Classical Deism
- Environmentalism is Still a Religion
- Europeans as Victims of (Muslim) Colonialism
- Fear and Loathing of Islam is not Islamophobia
- Exposing 'Non-Jewish Jews'
- An Overview Gnosticism
- Apostle Paul Founder of Christianity
- Apostle Paul versus Pelagius
- The Holocaust by Rabbi Meir Kahane
- Why Kahane was Right by Lewis Loflin
[ Challenge to Atheists 3 ] [ Challenge to Atheists 4 ]
[ Challenge to Atheists 5 ]
- Topics on Religion and Environmentalism
- Modern Deist Manifesto Based on Classical Deism
- Gnosticism as Explained by Bishop N. T. Wright
- Deist Critique of the Gospel of Mark
- Religious Syncretism and Christianity
- Classical Deist' View of Religion and Its Application Today
- Taking a Closer Look at Gnosticism and Christianity
- Thoughts on Theistic Evolution and Deism by Lewis Loflin
- My Answer to a Secular Fundamentalist by Lewis Loflin
- Separation of Pseudo-Religion and State
- Environmentalism Religion or Political Philosophy?
- Why Christian Morals Need to be Rejected
- Myth of Early Islam
- Sickness of Afghan-Muslim Culture
- Failure in Seattle Schools
- Saint Augustine and the Western Christian World-View
- St. Augustine and Original Sin in the West
- St. Augustine and Evolution
- Early Years of St Augustine
- St Augustine: Development of His Views
- St Augustine: Conversion and Ordination
- St. Augustine: Anti-Manicheanism and Pelagian Writings
- St Augustine: Manichean and Neoplatonist Period
- St. Augustine: Activity Against Donatism
- Additional Material on St. Augustine
- Notes on Neoplatonism
- Early Christian and Medieval Neoplatonism
- Pelagius and why he was right.
- How Christianity drew on Philo's synthesis of Judaism and Hellenism