Renee B Luttrell
Traffic Stop Leads to Drug Arrest for Afton Woman
Minor traffic violation leads to arrest of passenger and discovery of secreted illegally diverted prescription pills.
February 27, 2013 - According to Sheriff Ed Graybeal, Criminal Interdiction Investigators arrested Renee B Luttrell, age 31, 35 Shanks Park, Afton; after stopping the vehicle in which she was riding for a minor traffic violation. While running standard checks for warrants, driver's license validity, up to date registration and insurance; Investigators asked Luttrell to step out of the vehicle. A few minor inquiries into whether Luttrell had anything illegal on her person led to her handing the Investigator a small baggie of diverted Diazepam pills.
A search of her purse led to recovery of drug paraphernalia including straws and spoons with drug residue along with more diverted pills, Diazepam and Oxycodone. After being arrested, she was transported to the Washington County Detention Center. Once there, the Investigator advised her that any illegal item found on her person would result in a separate Felony charge, which prompted Luttrell to retrieve a small baggie of marijuana from inside her pants.
Luttrell was taken inside the detention center where she was again asked if she had anything illegal on her person, this time she retrieved another hypodermic from inside her pants. Detention Officers quickly discovered she had attempted to secret a bottle containing over 63 more illegally diverted prescription pills by partially inserting it into a body orifice. Once confronted Luttrell removed and handed over the bottle which contained Clonazepam, Alprazolam, and Diazepam along with other prescription pills.
Luttrell was charged with Possession of Schedules II and IV for Resale, Possession of Drug Paraphernalia, Simple Possession of Schedule VI and Introduction of Drugs Into a Penal Facility. Luttrell's bond was set at $32,000 and she is scheduled for arraignment today in Sessions court.According to the Tennessee Dept. of Health and Substance Abuse Services reports "abuse of prescription opioids (pain relievers) is the number one drug problem for Tennesseans receiving state-funded substance abuse treatment services." Tennessee Bureau of Investigation (TBI) reports,
Prescription drug misuse and abuse continues to be a major problem in the state of Tennessee. Drug diversion investigators are now aggressively pursuing those who overprescribe, "doctor shop" or illegally sell scheduled prescription drugs.
The criminal diversion of these drugs encompasses everything from prescription fraud by individual addicts to profit motivated traffickers. The spectrum of violators is broad and includes healthcare practitioners and patients, pain management clinics, traditional pharmacies, and Internet pharmacies. Currently, the statewide task force has four regional task forces across the state. The efforts of these task forces will be to information share, investigate and curtail this ever-growing problem.
Posted March 21, 2013
- Crime Mainpage
- Bristol Regional Crime 2014
- Crime Mainpage 2013
- Press Releases Johnson City Police October 2012
- Press Releases Johnson City Police November 2012
- Press Releases Johnson City Police December 2012
- Johnson City Tennessee Police Reports Jan-Feb 2013
- Black Male Charged with Killing Infant - Autopsy Inconclusive
- Feral White Male Nailed for Carjacking in Lee County
- East Tennessee - Bristol Methamphetamine Epidemic
- Crime Mainpage
- White Male Arrested on 25 Counts of Fraud
- Meth Bust Lands Two Washington County Men in Jail
- Man with a gun call leads to 3 arrests
- Three North Carolina Residents Arrested for Counterfeiting
- Drunk Driver Arrested for Handgun Violation
- Why feral white male Robert Gleason Jr. Should Die
- Two White Males Nailed for Multiple Burglaries
- Three Teenagers Arrested for Auto Burglary
- Convicted Felon Kirk Trent Arrested on Multiple Charges
- Traffic Violation leads to arrest of Habitual Motor Offender
- Black Male Antonio Johnson - The Real Reason We Buy Guns
- Myth of Early Islam
- Why Arabs-Muslims can't Handle Liberty
- Debunking Panendeism
- Original Sin an Overview
- Failure in Seattle Schools
- Exploring Religion and Environmentalism
- Taking a Sober View on Climate Change
- Social Agenda Behind Environmentalism
- Environmental-Government Complex is about Money