Monroe Eugene Lowe, Carla N Lowe, Thomas Bugg
Three Washington County Residents Jailed for Methamphetamine Manufacture
February 6, 2013: According to Sheriff Ed Graybeal of Washington County, Tennessee, Investigators have arrested Monroe Eugene Lowe, age 22, 300 Montgomery Street; Johnson City; Carla N Lowe, age 21, also from 300 Montgomery Street; and Thomas Allen Bugg, age 51, 3500 West Market Street, Johnson city during a drug investigation.
Investigators began following leads on this case earlier this month. Those leads directed the investigators to the 300 block of Montgomery Street. On Monday investigators observed Monroe Lowe dispose of items that had been used in the manufacture of Meth. including: Coffee filters, drain cleaner, Sea Salt, and Pseudoephedrine packing.
A short time later, investigators stopped the vehicle both Lowes were occupying and searched their belongings in the vehicle, recovering items of drug paraphernalia including a spoon with burn marks and residue, a rubber tourniquet, hypodermic, baggies and coffee filters along with a wadded up coffee filter containing approximately 1 gram of meth.
Both Lowes were taken into custody. Monroe Lowe was charged with Manufacture of Meth., Possession of Meth. for Resale and Possession of Drug Paraphernalia his bond was set at $21,000. Carla Lowe was charged with Possession of Meth. for Resale and Possession of Drug Paraphernalia, her bond was set at $11,000. Both Lowes were arraigned on Tuesday. Monroe Lowe is currently in Washington County Detention Center. Carla Lowe is out on an $11, 000 bond.
Investigators also followed leads to 3500 West Market Street. There they observed Thomas Bugg, a person known to investigators to have a revoked license, leave in a motor vehicle. Investigators also had an outstanding Violation of Probation on Bugg. Bugg was on probation for Manufacture of Marijuana. Bugg was stopped on Leisure lane @ Hwy 11E. Bugg was taken into custody, where he complained of chest pains and was taken to Johnson City Medical center for treatment.
Bugg's apartment located at 3500 West Market Street was subsequently searched and investigator recovered a backpack containing items used in the manufacture of meth including: drain cleaner, coffee filters, rubber gloves, sea salt, ammonia nitrate and other items. Investigator also recovered approximately 23 individually packaged baggies of meth, digital scales, baggies, pipes, crushers, grinders, and a small amount of marijuana.
Bugg was charged with Violation of Probation, Driving on a Revoked License, Promotion of Meth Manufacture, Possession of Meth for Resale, Possession of Drug Paraphernalia, and Maintaining a Dwelling where Controlled Substances are used and sold. Bugg's bond is set at $37,000 and he will be arraigned in sessions court pending release from JCMCH. This investigation is ongoing with more charges possible.
- Crime Mainpage
- Bristol Regional Crime 2014
- Crime Mainpage 2013
- Press Releases Johnson City Police October 2012
- Press Releases Johnson City Police November 2012
- Press Releases Johnson City Police December 2012
- Johnson City Tennessee Police Reports Jan-Feb 2013
- Black Male Charged with Killing Infant - Autopsy Inconclusive
- Feral White Male Nailed for Carjacking in Lee County
- East Tennessee - Bristol Methamphetamine Epidemic
- Crime Mainpage
- White Male Arrested on 25 Counts of Fraud
- Meth Bust Lands Two Washington County Men in Jail
- Man with a gun call leads to 3 arrests
- Three North Carolina Residents Arrested for Counterfeiting
- Drunk Driver Arrested for Handgun Violation
- Why feral white male Robert Gleason Jr. Should Die
- Two White Males Nailed for Multiple Burglaries
- Three Teenagers Arrested for Auto Burglary
- Convicted Felon Kirk Trent Arrested on Multiple Charges
- Traffic Violation leads to arrest of Habitual Motor Offender
- Black Male Antonio Johnson - The Real Reason We Buy Guns
- Myth of Early Islam
- Why Arabs-Muslims can't Handle Liberty
- Debunking Panendeism
- Original Sin an Overview
- Failure in Seattle Schools
- Exploring Religion and Environmentalism
- Taking a Sober View on Climate Change
- Social Agenda Behind Environmentalism
- Environmental-Government Complex is about Money