Manicurist Nailed for Drug Trafficking
A manicurist who sidelined as a major cocaine hustler is worried he'll be vulnerable to attack in prison, but a federal prosecutor on Monday disagreed. "He (bench presses) 400 pounds,' Assistant U.S. Attorney David Lewen said of Michael Currier. 'He's covered in tattoos. That's not going to be a guy who will have trouble in prison."
...Currier, 34, worked as a manicurist at two high-end Knoxville salons. Last year, however, he was convicted of heading up a large-scale cocaine operation and using the women in his life, including a Hooter's waitress who peddled the powder to fellow employees, to help. Currier had insisted he was, instead, a victim of those women, who he said were lying about him as revenge for being jilted by him.
March 21, 2011 Eastern District of Tennessee (865) 545-4167
Knoxville, TN-Michael Currier, 34, of Clinton, Tenn., was sentenced to 292 months in prison followed by five years of supervised release in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Tennessee at Knoxville, by the Honorable Thomas W. Phillips, U.S. District Judge. The sentence was the result of a guilty verdict that was returned on September 3, 2010, after a three-day jury trial. Currier was convicted of conspiracy to distribute and possess with intent to distribute five kilograms or more of cocaine.
The proof at trial showed a wide-ranging conspiracy that operated from 2000-2008 and involved 10 people. The proof at trial also showed that cocaine was brought into the Eastern District of Tennessee from Nashville, Tenn., and Dallas, Tex. The evidence at the March 21, 2011, sentencing hearing showed that the conspiracy involved 15-50 kilograms of cocaine, that the defendant was a leader within the conspiracy, and that the defendant utilized firearms in furtherance of the drug conspiracy.
"People who are thinking about committing drug crimes need to notice the severity of this sentence. The price that you pay for violations of federal drug crimes is high. This case should deter others from this type of criminal activity," said U.S. Attorney Bill Killian.
The indictment and subsequent conviction of Currier was the result of an investigation conducted by the Federal Bureau of Investigation, Drug Enforcement Administration, Roane County Sheriff's Office, and Harriman Police Department. Assistant U.S. Attorney David P. Lewen, Jr., represented the United States.
- Atlanta Residents Sentenced For Drug Trafficking in Morristown Area
- Georgia man Nailed in Greeneville Cocaine and Crack Trafficking Case
- Johnson City Gang Nailed for Drug Trafficking: Resident to Serve 15 Years
- The Scourge of Meth Across the Tri-Cities Region of Virginia/Tennessee
- Three Feral Black Males Nailed for Robbery, Holding Mother/Child Hostage
- Two Feral White Males Attack, Severely Injure Store Clerk
- Feral Black Male Sentenced for Carjacking and Kidnapping
- Defendants Sentenced in Major Trafficking Organization
- Feral Hispanic Male Charged with Kidnapping, Assault Over Facebook Page
- Hispanic Nailed for Prostitution and Sex Trafficking
- Five Illegal Aliens Nailed for Quarter Ton of Marijuana
- Hispanic Gang Nailed for Drug Trafficking in Johnson City
- Hispanic Gang Nailed on Sex Trafficking of Illegal Aliens
- Rapper Criminal Sentenced for Drug Trafficking
- Florida Residents Nailed for Prescription Drug Trafficking
- Black Male Nailed for Bank Robbery in Morristown
- Manicurist Nailed for Drug Trafficking
- Gang Robbing Pharmacies for Drugs get the 'Hammer'
- Black Male Arrested for Robbery of Tennessee Credit Union
- Stupid White Women Nailed for Prescription Fraud
- Final Member of 35 Defendants Of Drug Ring Sentenced in Abingdon
- Sisters Found Guilty on Drug, Obstruction Charges
- Wise County Man Sentenced to 210 Months for Oxycontin Trafficking
- Former Nurse Sentenced on Drug Charges
- Pedophilia Surrounds Afghan-Muslim Culture
- Myth of Early Islam
- Multiculturalism - Self-Liquidation of Europe
- Europeans Flee Third-World Hell Created by Multiculturalism
- Fear and Loathing of Islam is not Islamophobia
- Europeans as Victims of (Muslim) Colonialism
- Barbary Pirates and the Muslim Slavery Industry
- Muslim Wars Against Abyssinia (Ethiopia)
- Muslim Terror in the Balkans
- Debunking the Myth of Colonialism and Science
- Liberals & Islam Apologetics
» Archive 1 » Archive 2 » Archive 3
» Archive 4 » Archive 5 » Archive 6
» Archive 7 » Archive 8 » Archive 9