Black Male Nailed for Bank Robbery in Morristown
U.S. Attorney's Office July 26, 2010
GREENEVILLE, TN-Jamal Siler, 18, of Morristown, Tennessee, entered a plea of guilty on July 26, 2010, in the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Tennessee at Greeneville, to the robbery of SunTrust Bank in Morristown, Tennessee. Sentencing has been set for January 12, 2011, at 11:00 a.m., in United States District Court in Greeneville.
Siler faces a maximum penalty of 25 years in prison; a maximum $250,000 fine; a maximum of five years of supervised release; and restitution for the bank robbery. Brandishing a firearm during the robbery carries an additional mandatory minimum seven year sentence which by statute must be served consecutively to the sentence imposed on the underlying offense.
In court, Siler agreed to the following facts. On May 20, 2010, officers of the Morristown Police Department responded to a bank robbery at SunTrust Bank located in Morristown, Tennessee. The bank is insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation. Employees advised that a male entered the bank wearing a white turban-type headdress, brandished a semi-automatic firearm, demanded money and fled. A later review of the surveillance video clearly showed Jamal Siler was the robber, and that he pointed a semi-automatic firearm at the teller.
Witnesses to the bank robbery observed an unusual blue-colored car containing two males pick the robber up after he ran out of the bank. A short distance away, witnesses observed the blue car pull into the driveway of an apartment in Morristown, Tennessee, where all three males went inside. Officers quickly surrounded the apartment and ordered the individuals to come out. The three males exited and were identified as Christopher Landon Black, Joshua John Evans, and Jamal Siler.
A search of the apartment rendered several hundred dollars in cash, the clothing Siler wore during the robbery, as well as the 9mm pistol used in the robbery. The teller victim later identified Jamal Siler from a photo lineup as being the robber.
On June 8, 2010, a two-count indictment, which included the aforementioned charges, was returned against Siler, Evans and Black by a federal grand jury sitting in Greeneville, Tennessee. Black pled guilty to the same counts as Siler on July 7, 2010, and is set for sentencing on November 4, 2010. The trial for Evans is set for August 31, 2010.
U.S. Attorney's Office March 29, 2011, Eastern District of Tennessee (865) 545-4167
GREENEVILLE, TN-Jamal Siler, 19, of Morristown, was sentenced today in U.S. District Court, Greeneville, to serve 117 months in federal prison by the Honorable Leon Jordan, U.S. District Judge. The sentence was the result of a guilty plea by Siler on July 26, 2010, to a federal grand jury indictment charging him with bank robbery. There is no parole on a federal sentence.
In May 2010, Morristown Police Department officers responded to a bank robbery at SunTrust Bank in Morristown, Tenn., which was insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation. Bank employees advised police that a male entered the bank wearing a white turban-type headdress, brandished a semi-automatic firearm, demanded money, and fled. A later review of the surveillance video clearly showed Jamal Siler was the robber, and that he pointed a semi-automatic firearm at the teller.
Witnesses to the bank robbery saw an unusual blue-colored car containing two males pick up the robber after he ran out of the bank. A short distance away, witnesses observed the blue car pull into the driveway of an apartment in Morristown, where all three males went inside. Officers quickly surrounded the apartment and ordered the individuals to come out.
The three males exited and were identified as Christopher Landon Black, Joshua John Evans, and Jamal Siler. A search of the apartment rendered the cash taken in the robbery, the clothing Siler wore during the robbery, as well as the 9mm pistol used in the robbery.
The indictment and subsequent conviction of Siler and two co-defendants was the result of an investigation conducted by the Morristown Police Department and the Federal Bureau of Investigation. Assistant U.S. Attorney Robert M. Reeves represented the United States. Joshua Evans and Christopher Landon Black are awaiting sentencing at a later date.
This case was brought as part of the Project Safe Neighborhoods (PSN), a comprehensive national strategy that creates local partnerships with law enforcement agencies to effectively enforce existing gun laws. It provides more options to prosecutors, allowing them to utilize local, state, and federal laws to ensure that criminals who commit gun crime face tough sentences. PSN gives each federal district the flexibility it needs to focus on individual challenges that a specific community faces.
- The Scourge of Meth Across the Tri-Cities Region of Virginia/Tennessee
- Three Feral Black Males Nailed for Robbery, Holding Mother and Child Hostage
- Two Feral White Males Attack, Severely Injure Store Clerk
- Feral Black Male Sentenced for Carjacking and Kidnapping
- Defendants Sentenced in Major Cocaine Trafficking Organization Operating in the Tri-Cities Area
- Atlanta Residents Sentenced in Major Crack Cocaine Trafficking Organization Operating in the Morristown Area
- Feral Hispanic Male Charged with Kidnapping, Assault Over Facebook Page
- Five Illegal Alien Hispanics Nailed for Quarter Ton of Marijuana
- Hispanic Nailed for Prostitution and Sex Trafficking
- Hispanic Gang Nailed for Drug Trafficking in Johnson City
- Hispanic Gang Nailed on Sex Trafficking of Illegal Aliens
- Rapper Criminal Sentenced for Drug Trafficking
- Florida Residents Nailed for Prescription Drug Trafficking
- Black Male Nailed for Bank Robbery in Morristown
- Manicurist Nailed for Drug Trafficking
- Gang Robbing Pharmacies for Drugs get the 'Hammer'
- Black Male Arrested for Robbery of Tennessee Credit Union
- Stupid White Women Nailed for Prescription Fraud
- Final Member of 35 Defendants Of Multi-State Drug Ring Sentenced in Abingdon
- Sisters Found Guilty on Drug, Obstruction Charges
- Wise County Man Sentenced to 210 Months for Oxycontin Trafficking
- Former Nurse Sentenced on Drug Charges
Last is most recent.
Mexican Crimewave in Johnson City
Local Crime 1 Local Crime 2
Local Crime 3 Local Crime 4
- Class Warfare - American People Versus Ruling Elite
- Hispanics and Federal-State Crime in Tennessee
- Hispanic Welfare Class Won't Vote Republican
- Class Warfare - American People Versus Ruling Elite
- Illegal Immigration Plagues Tennessee
- Unfettered illegal immigration boosts inflation
- How Liberals Betray Black Workers in Favor of Hispanic Voters
- How Mass Immigration Leads to Poverty
- Two Great Classes in contemporary America
- An Immigration policy bought and paid for?
- 'Immigrants' Take Most of the New Jobs in Texas, Elsewhere
- What we can all learn from our Latino community
- Open Borders a Danger to Jews
- Purging Politically Incorrect Jews
- Hispanic Anti-Semitism the Unmentionable Bigotry
- Problem of Muslim Immigration Rise of Islamism
- Postmodernism Skews Immigration Debate
- Jews and Identity Politics
- Immigration Policy and Identity Politics