Call Center Nailed for Racism Pays $8 an Hour in Johnson City
Advanced Call Center Technologies is hoping to hire 300 to 400 new employees in Johnson City. They pay an appalling poverty wage scale of $8 an hour. To quote Northeast Tennessee Career Center Employer Services Specialist C. Ann Chapman who thinks $8 an hour is great, but would never work for it herself,
"We've seen mass hirings in the past, not in a while certainly, but it is good news whenever a company is hiring. Any jobs are a good thing and here at the Career Center we like to promote all jobs, because we do have applicants of all skill levels. There are people out there that will willingly and readily fill those jobs."
Sure, if they're starving and have nowhere else to go. This is a continuing race to the bottom as outsourcing firms such as this have destroyed working people and driven wage scales through the floor. That is what local politicians call a "technology job" and that pay scale is far too typical for the region.
That is the real reason for falling incomes and a national economy that will never recover. If you're interested and can apply for food stamps visit them online at www.acttoday.com. But it seems this call center company has had other problems outside poverty wage scales. Ref. BHC September 01, 2011.
Jury Hands Down $1.5 million Verdict Against Debt Collection Agency
A collection agency based in Pennsylvania was on the losing end of a huge jury award Friday as a result of some harassing phone calls and messages the company used to collect a debt.
Texas resident Allen Jones sued Advanced Call Center Technologies, LLC in a Dallas County court after the company left eight messages laced with profanity and racial invective. The ARM firm had been calling on a $200 debt that Jones claimed he did not owe. Jones kept the recordings of the messages and entered them into evidence during the trial.
A jury Friday awarded Jones $50,000 in mental anguish damages and hit Advanced Call Center Technologies with a staggering $1.5 million in punitive damages....
In a statement to insideARM.com, Advanced Call Center Technologies acknowledged the verdict and said that "nobody should be subject to such treatment by anyone." The company has not decided whether it will appeal the case or the amount of the award. An attorney for Jones told Dallas TV station WFAA, "This is absolutely, without a doubt, the most egregious collection case I've ever seen."
Ref. insideARM.com - June 1, 2010
- Local Leaders Complain to Senator Kaine - Ignore Workers
- Rebirth of Glade Spring Virginia
- Predominant Face of American Poor is White and Liberals Ignore It
- Proof Limiting Mass Immigration Helps the Working Poor
- Born Again Jobs and a Shrinking Tri-Cities Labor Force
- Prime Choice Foods Files for Bankruptcy in Bristol
- What 70 New Jobs at Columbus McKinnon?
- Another 100 Jobs Lost in Bristol Virginia with College Closure
- Bristol Metals fires 290 Workers
- 240 Phony Jobs and Corporate Welfare for Heritage Glass
- Bristol Raising Property Taxes to Pay for Corporate Welfare
- Caterpillar Plant Closure Costs Pulaski County 240 Jobs
- Arch Coal Fires Another 213 Workers - It's the tip of the Iceberg
- High Cost of the Non-Profits Industry