Robert C Bennett, David R Manzi, and Keira A Silvers
Meth Lab Bust Yields Three Arrests
Drug tip leads to foot pursuit, Taser deployment and 3 arrests and a partial Meth lab.
Washington County, Tennessee July 25, 2012: According to Sheriff Ed Graybeal, Tuesday afternoon Investigators arrested Robert C Bennett, age 34, 1387 Highway 107 in Chuckey; following a follow up investigation into a methamphetamine lab being utilized behind the residence located at 1387 Highway 107.
Investigators made contact with Bennett who was extremely fidgety and nervous. A pat down of Bennett's person led to an Investigator nearly being stuck by an uncapped hypodermic needle.
Bennett broke free and ran on foot before the Investigator could secure him with handcuffs. Investigators pursued Bennett a short distance where the pursuit was brought to a conclusion with a Taser deployment. Bennett was immediately cooperative following the deployment and was cuffed, during which time a second Investigator was nearly stuck with another hypodermic needle. Investigators recovered 5 hypodermics from Bennett's person. 2 were uncapped.
Bennett was also wanted on an outstanding Felony warrant for Violation of Probation. Bennett was charged with Violation of Probation, Reckless Endangerment x2, Resisting and Evading arrest, and Possession of Drug Paraphernalia. His bond was set at $5,000 with an initial appearance in Session court for today. His Criminal Court initial appearance on the Violation was set for Next Term, and he had no Bond on that warrant.
Investigators also arrested: David R Manzi, age 30, 1015 House Rd in Greenville after a warrants check revealed he was wanted in Alabama for Felony warrants. He was charged with being a Fugitive from Justice, with no bond. His initial appearance was also scheduled for today.
Keira A Silvers, age 20, 112 Robert Smith Road in Erwin; after Investigator observed an automatic knife in her back pocket. A pat down of Silvers revealed a hypodermic needle secreted in her bra. She was charged with prohibited weapon, and Possession of Drug Paraphernalia. Her bond was set at $2000 with an initial appearance date of today.
Investigators completed a search of the property locating a bag containing items which had been used in the manufacture of methamphetamine including, but not limited to: disassembled lithium batteries, several flammable solvents, Pseudoephedrine tablets, and containers.
The Drug Enforcement Administration assisted in the Investigation, which is currently ongoing with more charges possible in the future.
- Traffic violations lead to recovery of 2 stolen vehicles in 6 days
- Another Telford woman jailed for Drug Offenses
- Telford woman charged again after 2 previous Felony Drug Offense
- Local Minister Charged with Sex Crimes
- Washington County VA Man Charged with Attempted Murder
- Meth Lab Bust Yields Three Arrests
- Blacks Wreak Havoc at Waffle House Restaurants
- Billy Moore Killing in Portland
- Terrified Victim of Brick Attack Speaks Out
- Black Female Kills Man Over $5
- Three Blacks arrested in strip club killing
- Black Violence Raises Security Concerns on Portland MAX
- Black Teenager Murders Father in Front of Children
- Six Black Males Kill Chinese Immigrant for Fried Rice
- Teenager Murders Mother of Two Over Speeding Comment
Last is most recent.
Mexican Crimewave in Johnson City
Local Crime 1 Local Crime 2
Local Crime 3 Local Crime 4
- East Tennessee - Bristol Methamphetamine Epidemic
- Press Releases Johnson City Police October 2012
- Press Releases Johnson City Police November 2012
- Press Releases Johnson City Police December 2012