Washington County VA Man Charged with Attempted Murder
A Washington County Virginia man has been charged as the result of an investigation conducted by the Washington County Virginia Sheriff's Office. According to Washington County Sheriff Fred Newman, the incident occurred at a residence at 2360 Civil Drive, Mendota, VA, on March 19, 2012.
Washington County Sheriff's deputies responded to that location in regards to a domestic call. Investigation into the incident revealed that the accused attempted to kill the victim by placing a trash bag over her head and smothering her. The investigation also revealed the accused brandished a firearm against the victim.
Marvin Herbert Helbert, III, age 42, of 2360 Civil Drive, Mendota, VA, was arrested yesterday, April 4, 2012, by members of the U.S. Marshal Service (Greenville Task Force) and the Sullivan County Tennessee Sheriff's Office, at a residence at 138 Mapleview Drive, Bristol, TN. He was found hiding under a bed.
Helbert has been charged with attempted second degree murder and brandishing a firearm. He is being held without bond in the Sullivan County Jail, awaiting extradition to Washington County, VA. A protective order was also issued against the individual. April 5, 2012
For More Information:
Sheriff Fred Newman
Washington County, Virginia Sheriff's Office
20281 Rustic Lane
Abingdon, VA 24210
- Meth Lab Bust Yields Three Arrests
- Feral Black Males Wreak Havoc at Waffle House Restaurants
- Billy Moore Killing in Portland
- Terrified Victim of Brick Attack Speaks Out
- Feral Black Female Stabs/Kills Man Over $5
- Three Feral Blacks arrested in strip club killing
- Man asks black teens to quiet down, gets assaulted
- Black Teenager Murders Father in Front of Children
- Six Black Males Kill Chinese Immigrant for Fried Rice
- Teenager Murders Mother of Two Over Speeding Comment
Last is most recent.
Mexican Crimewave in Johnson City
Local Crime 1 Local Crime 2
Local Crime 3 Local Crime 4
- East Tennessee - Bristol Methamphetamine Epidemic
- Press Releases Johnson City Police October 2012
- Press Releases Johnson City Police November 2012
- Press Releases Johnson City Police December 2012